Update:

Pick Ems Updated. Redwood still leads. Added week 13 

Get your picks in for week 13 here

RobVol

Vols - GameCocks week discussion

large_201903200233.jpg

I think we all can agree that the Alabama game was a huge disappointment and also a huge surprise in a good way as well. I think we all saw a lot of improvement on the lines and overall the entire team played well and played with a lot of heart. I have optimism 

going forward and feel if Tennessee can somehow win this game, they can win out. I thought there might be a loss to Missouri but I am not even sure on that after they laid an egg against a Vandy team that had just lost to UNLV. If Maurer is out then I have no issue with JT coming in and playing. I actually think he has tremendous upside. I like his strong arm and presence in the pocket and i know he is a little wild but I like his footwork and arm strength. I am not sure how many saw this but after the line looked dejected after JG screwed up, they came out and really supported JT in the huddle. I liked seeing that. I am hoping whoever plays at QB will be be smart with the ball as long as I don't as I don't have to see #2 back there. That will make me livid.  Hell, put Jennings back there before putting that clown back in there. If the Vols can get decent QB play, I think the rest of the team is improving every week and Tennessee can get this win.

11 minutes ago, cowhampshirevol said:

Concur Rob. JG should be put on IR with neck soreness after Pruitt yanked his facemask which I firmly approve. 

Yeah that yank was just way too much for that sweet little fella

:gone:

Well honestly, it's been almost 3 days. How long does it take to diagnose a concussion? :4_6_2v[1]:

Maurer passed the protocol last week, and CJP called his participation a game day decision. For all we know sitting BM was just a precaution. Chances are just as good that he's fine, and once again, a "game day decision"...

-WARNING- The following comment might contain toxic masculinity. Viewer discretion is advised.

Pruitt should have just yanked JG's head slap-ass off. Hell, he ain't using it.

Ha-Ha! Just kidding... (maybe) :brow:

From what I've seen of the Gamecocks (and that's a lot owing to my wife being a fan and living down here) they match up pretty evenly with the Vols. These games have historically been close anyway and I don't expect this one to be any different. Hilinski has been ok but the offense as a whole was anemic against Georgia &  Florida. Feaster is a threat though. Their defense which gave Georgia fits couldn't repeat against Florida. Trask is no Tebow but he did torch their secondary several times despite the interception.

All in all this is a winnable game, especially being at Neyland. If the improving Vol defense can pressure Hilinski and force some bad decisions that could make the difference.

13 hours ago, okfloray said:

Well honestly, it's been almost 3 days. How long does it take to diagnose a concussion? :4_6_2v[1]:

Maurer passed the protocol last week, and CJP called his participation a game day decision. For all we know sitting BM was just a precaution. Chances are just as good that he's fine, and once again, a "game day decision"...

-WARNING- The following comment might contain toxic masculinity. Viewer discretion is advised.

Pruitt should have just yanked JG's head slap-ass off. Hell, he ain't using it.

Ha-Ha! Just kidding... (maybe) :brow:

:lolup:

I hate playing against Will Muschamp's teams.  It seems like he always has our number.  Maybe Jeremy can change it this year

I think establish the running game with Jordan and Chandler and then play good defense and hope once you get the running game going you can pop a couple of big passes to take a lead. That is the only way I see the Vols winning this. I agree and hate to say it but Will Muschamp always seems to have the Vols number

Maybe I'm just stubborn but we beat Muschamp last year making us bowl eligible....That was a fumble damn it! After what we all had to endure this past weekend, I'm not going to get into refs that "blow goats". I don't know about winning out but I think that we win this weekend. I was completely impressed with our kids @Alabama. We are slowly improving and getting there. I think more than likely that we load the box, shut down the run, make them throw the football and Bryce Thompson eats dinner all day long. Not to mention that they have to come to our house and Neyland will be rocking......#GoVols

I think some will surprised after Saturday. Then I think there will be a lot of WTF questions after it. 

15 hours ago, okfloray said:

I think this whole secondary is getting better. I think both sides of the ball are getting better. Maybe we won't see it in the record but something tells me we all thought this year would be a turnaround. I think that will be year three which is the norm. I think we are just so sick and tired after the past 10 years we aren't being patient. I think next year is the big change.

Tennessee fans get screwed up. They ask where was shrout all year. He becomes a great QB 

Tennessee 28

Gamecocks  24

allright...every game is a winable game from here on out...Im not as worried about a bowl game as wanting to see improvement again. I think we win @ home and Shrout starts but jg has to come in to pull it out ugly..

I hope so..kids gt a cannon he just has no idea where its goin...lol....hes gonna b GOOD....I hope it starts today