Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

GiveHim6

Winnable?

No doubt State is smarting after the drubbing they took in Auburn & Moorhead is taking some heat for it from the fans. Their two QBs are not 100% and their defense has fallen off considerably from last year's #1 rank. Still, they probably think the Tennessee game is winnable considering the Vols record and the way they have been routed by Florida & Georgia.

Some numbers to consider courtesy of the Jackson Clarion Ledger:

Through five games in 2018, the Bulldogs gave up a total of 602 rushing yards for an average of 120.4 per game. This season, the Dogs have given up 792 rushing yards for an average of 158.4 per game. 

Through five games in 2018, Mississippi State had 51 tackles for loss. Through five games this year, State only has 23.

Last year, the Dogs held teams to 832 passing yards through five games for an average of 166.4 per game. This year, teams have amassed 1,217 passing yards on State for an average of 243.4.

Mississippi State had twice as many sacks through five games last season as it does this year; 16 to 8.0.

The big defensive studs State had last year are mostly playing in the NFL now. If the Vols can click on offense the way they did for most of the first half against the Dawgs then this is a winnable game. State looked lost right off the bat against Auburn so I expect them to come out with fire in their eyes at Neyland. But maybe the Vols come out with some fire of their own. 

23 hours ago, GiveHim6 said:

Through five games in 2018, the Bulldogs gave up a total of 602 rushing yards for an average of 120.4 per game

Wow...... Yeah the Vols should be able to gain some yards on the ground. This should open up for Maurer to be more successful and build some confidence

I hope the Tigers plaster that Gator ass all over the field. I'm a 1st,2nd and 3rd generation gator hater, Hell I was born hating them I think :gatorssuck: