UltimateVolfan

Should Fulmer success be tied to Pruitt's?

Interesting article. Some speculation in it but you get the jest. 

ALLFORTENNESSEE.COM

Rumors have named Volunteers athletic director Phillip Fulmer as Jeremy Pruitt's replacement. His future should be tied to Tennessee football's head coach....

That took less than 24 hours for them to find another pile of crap to turn over. 

Only thing is, that's not how I remember it. Now, I might be ate up with the dumbass. But it seems like I remember Currie being called back to Knoxville and fired after sneaking around and borrowing a U of Texas boosters plane, then chasing after Leach unauthorized when he was supposed to be talking to Mike Gundy.

And didn't all that happen before Fulmer's name even came up? 

And afterward, didn't the candidates for AD come down to Fulmer and David Blackburn?

Hmmmmm..... :nonono:

:13: Fake news, this whole article is a bunch of lies. 

:JC_goodpost:

Win, loose or draw, Fulmer gets a pass on this one. He inherited a whirlwind not of his making. He made the best  pick available at the time. He'll be judged for how he manages going forward.

This is a hard one to call for me. Yes Fulmer was stuck with a tough decision but ultimately it was his decision to go with Pruitt. He was stuck because he had to make some choice with recruiting and the season coming up so yes he gets a break but still this was his decision. Wow the more I think about this one I will have to say I have no opinion whatsoever. I am playing it safe :bouncesmile:

27 minutes ago, RobVol said:

This is a hard one to call for me. Yes Fulmer was stuck with a tough decision but ultimately it was his decision to go with Pruitt. He was stuck because he had to make some choice with recruiting nad the season coming up so yes he gets a break but still this was his decision. Wow the more I think about this one I will have to say I have no opinion whatsoever. I am playing it safe :bouncesmile:

Since you brought up Pruitts first recruiting year let me bring up something that nobody is talking about.

After all the shenanigans with Curry, and Haslem, and Schiano, and everything else, we were so late into recruiting that Pruitt and Fulmer done well just to hold on to a portion of Jones's recruiting class. Considering that, even though this is Pruitts second year as HC, it's actually only his first year recruiting his guys. 

Now we have freshmen who;

were playing high school ball last year, 

mostly only had one fall camp, 

have less than one year of S/C,

have less than one year of experience.

At the same time many of those freshmen are taking first team reps from upperclassmen, starting games, making plays, and contributing. That's who next years recruits will have to compete against for positions, practice against, and be compared to. Following that process to a logical conclusion can only make the Vols a better football team.

I just hope we get some winning seasons, continual improvement, and finish in the top 3 in the East before the contract extensions start getting signed.