Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

Similar bad news...

AMP.HERALDONLINE.COM

Jonathan Hefney, a former pro football player from Rock Hill, South Carolina, who played at the University of Tennessee and in the Canadian Football League, was sentenced to prison for cocaine trafficking.
Read more  

Both just sad stories. Guess that VFL program is performing badly. So much for working with players on how to act and represent. Hefney is a grown man but in the case of banks, Forget the apologies. Forget stepping back and damage control. Don't give me this snow flake so called enlightened opinion about he's just a kid. He was just upset blah crap. His first reaction is the truest one about who he is. It's not the crime that he was arrested for. That's petty traffic crap. It's his reaction and attitude. 

"life is 10% of what happens and 90% of how you react to it." He 90% failed in this situation. 

This is a bad look for a school who's coach is struggling. Pruitt, you're about out of trust deposits in your account as a coach. This isn't a good look perception wise.

I don't particularly think it is a dismissible offense but I would damn sure give him a couple weeks off to decide if he wants to be a thug or a football player, a prisoner or a man! 

I don't think it's warrants dismissal either. But I sure would have him attend some mandatory social skills classes. 

The "he's just a kid" excuse doesn't wash with me either. When I was in college if I had done something to get me a court date I damn sure wouldn't have blown it off like it didn't matter. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the justice system doesn't just forget about it if you don't show up for your court date.

"So why do you, I mean, why do you have to arrest him just 'cause he's a warrant?" Pruitt can be heard saying over the phone. 

"That's because the state of Tennessee is the one who issued the warrant so I have to take him in for that warrant. Like I said, I have no choice about that. If it was just a suspended license, I could have discretion on that," the officer replied.

Umm, yeah coach. When there's a warrant out for someone, they get arrested and taken to jail. That's how it works. Even if they're football players.

The whole thing just "looks bad". Pruitt's response isn't good. Everyone in social media says it's just a traffic ticket.  I agree if he would have just took his punishment I'd be fine. Telling the cop he's a bitch without his badge and talking like he'd would beat him without it is TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. NOT WHAT THE WARRANTS FOR. 

Total disrespect. I thought the officer sounded fine and tried his best to be cool. Pruitt's response made it a worse. Dumb ass move coach. 

Actually It's not just a traffic ticket, it's failure to appear in court for a traffic ticket. That's why there was a warrant for JB's arrest. Most reasonable people just pay the fine, and get out of going to court. But not JB, now he's in contempt. That makes him a dumbass.

The cops could have stopped a ballgame and walked him off of the field in handcuffs. Then his playing days would be over. That makes him a dumbass X's2. 

He probably doesn't know how lucky he is. Dumbass X's3.

I guess I meant the warrant was just over a failure to appear started by a ticket. I get your point though and yes he's made decisions dumbass X3 lol

Another thing that drives me crazy. People keep saying he's just a kid. Look, if the state feels your responsible enough to move around in a 2 ton piece of metal, than you should be responsible enough to honor the ticket and appear. You signed off on the permission to drive and obey the traffic laws. 

"boys will be boys." .....Bobby Bowden

I wonder what the procedure was in Tuscaloosa, Athens, and Tallahassee where Jeremy never saw such silly shit. 

“I’ve worked in four places and never had no crap like this except for here,” Pruitt said. 

Banks looks like a thug, but Pruitt looks bad too. This is national embarrassment. This is all over national media and every recruit is going to hear a lot about this from our competition. 

Whether fans agree this is bad or not. You have to understand public perception. In this case terrible management from both Banks and Pruitt. 

WWW.ESPN.COM

Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt said his comments to police following Jeremy Banks' arrest was not intended to suggest preferential treatment for the linebacker. "There's no place I've ever coached where anybody has cut anybody a break," Pruitt said.
Read more  

This is the crap that's on Saturday Down South. I won't post the link, it just pisses me off. 

image.png.b46ff5aaa0ed1c044b68997ee7c66ecb.png

But Tennessee somehow upsets Georgia, no one's talking about this chit. The world we live in. Pathetic. 

At the end of it all I would like to meet the person in charge of putting our backup linebacker with only 7 tackles this year all over national media??????? Make a back up backer the face of Tn football.... over a traffic citation.......Its odd all the way around.

• Like 1

This is why I come here. I cannot stand these facebook folks. I just dropped out of Vol For Life. That is the biggest soap opera I have ever seen. I just want Vol news with some folks that like Vols and want to see them do good. I love the objectivity here. Everyone can have an opinion and not get beat up for it. That facebook group has 30K members and 20K idiots. I dont know how people put up with it. 

Just now, UTVol2001 said:

This is why I come here. I cannot stand these facebook folks. I just dropped out of Vol For Life. That is the biggest soap opera I have ever seen. I just want Vol news with some folks that like Vols and want to see them do good. I love the objectivity here. Everyone can have an opinion and not get beat up for it. That facebook group has 30K members and 20K idiots. I dont know how people put up with it. 

Amen brother but people love to flock to it... :shakehead:

I was on finebaum again. Called Pruitt out. But again like I said. Tennessee upsets Georgia no  one's talking about this. 

3 hours ago, RobVol said:

Another thing that drives me crazy. People keep saying he's just a kid. Look, if the state feels your responsible enough to move around in a 2 ton piece of metal, than you should be responsible enough to honor the ticket and appear. You signed off on the permission to drive and obey the traffic laws. 

Without ever involving Jeremy Pruitt.

Well, I'll tell ya. CJP and Banks probably never had the "I'm thinking about not paying my traffic ticket" conversation. I doubt that anybody is more suprised than Pruitt. It's not like he monitors the football team 24 hours a day.

BTW vol for life group are a bunch of idiots. I'll sit right here and deal with decent vol fans. OMG those people are stupid. 

I cannot stand the vol for life group. My God everything is some stupid post. The vol for life group is like some leech on good sites like voltalk and vol nation. I've never seen dumber posts. And that guy who runs it is completely an ass.  Don't agree with him you get banned. F him