Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RobVol

OPEN Week. Let's try to look for positives

1500x500.jpg.1900695422db47ebb93b8ef570bcfd5a.jpg
OPEN DISCUSSION

OK no this isn't a feel good post. I just don't think we need to rehash what we have already seen that is NOT working. I think we all know that. So let's try and I mean really try to accentuate some positives. What have you seen that you think is a glimmer of hope for the future? I honestly am frustrated but for some reason unlike with Bitch Jones and Doofus Dooley, I am still in the Jeremy Pruitt camp. Honestly it has only been 15-16 games in this. Maybe things have to get worse before they get better. I am going to try to look for positives.

Here is mine:

1. Mauer/Shrout - More Maurer but I actually think if Shrout can get his cannon under control he can be good as well. Maurer showed he was green and needs playing time but he could be a better asset on the field than JG. He is a games

2. Henry To'oto'o - He has shown flashes of being elite. I think he is an up and coming talent and force in the SEC

3. Daniel Bituli - My goodness this kid is good. I hope he can set the foundation for the future on that defense.

4. Eric Gray - Yes, he had a fumble but that boy has an incredible "Circle Button" spin and has great break away ability. Get this kid some better offensive line blocking and watch out.

Those are mine. I honestly still don't think this is a staff issue. Some have been critical of Cheney. I am not one of those. Cheney called the plays. WRs were running all over wide open. Not saying he as been perfect. I still think this is execution by players. If JG had performed at least at a mid tier SEC QB level the Vols are 3-1 right now.

So come on now Vol fans. Let us FIND SOMETHING to be positive about. We have to look to the future.

What is your take?

I'm feeling positive. I'm absolutely positive that we will not lose this week. :thumbup:

I just looked up the stats for the FU game. Here's a positive - our young QB of the future, Maurer had a QB rating that was better than Guarantano. 

I guess I can't skip the bad part. Maurer was 12.2, and Guarantano was 9.9. Oh wait, here's a positive - I bet JG will hit double digits in his next game. Let's just hope it's in QB rating and not in interceptions. 

I guess that wasn't very positive, was it. Hell. I'm trying. :nonono:

I am honestly fed up with Tennessee football. I guess though I am a glutton for punishment. I also don't think we have given Pruitt enough time. Plus I don't want to go through another coach. Sick and tired so I am gonna ride this one out. I am all behind Pruitt after I see another QB and ALL the Butch Jones players are gone. I truly see some talent on the Pruitt's players. So I guess that is my positive take on at least that. 

I'm with Lake as far as Pruitt is concerned. I have to remind myself that he's in his second year of his first HC gig and no doubt he's still getting used to some things about the job too. As an assistant he surely came into the job with his eyes open but that's still not the same as experiencing it personally. Plus, this whole staff has been a rebuilding job just like the players. Sad but true, the old days of coaching stability are long gone at least for now but I'm willing to give this staff that has plenty of talent and experience the time they need. There's a lot of work to do.

I don't think people realized how bad of shape Butch Jones left this team. As I said multiple times Dobbs, Barnett and Kamara hid a lot of issues. Once gone it went way down hill. Jones was recruiting soft athletes. Prima donnas. This isn't the case with Pruitt. I am pissed and I hate it because we have been dealing with this so long I think we are all of sick of it. I do believe still Pruitt is the right guy for this job. I think I just got impatient based on how dumb and stupid the hiring has been pre-pruitt. I am jaded and frustrated. I will let this play out.

Here is what I do. I go 3 wide (Palmer, Jennings, Callaway) DWA at TE, Gray or Chandler in the backfield and Maurer at QB and I let it ride. If it is not open I tell Maurer to get a few yards with his legs and we line up and do it again. Other than a few teams remaining I do not think anyone can handle our skill positions if we spread it out and just let them play. I know simple sometimes looks hard to these guys but I definitely think this is our best option for the rest of the year. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Atomic City said:

Here is what I do. I go 3 wide (Palmer, Jennings, Callaway) DWA at TE, Gray or Chandler in the backfield and Maurer at QB and I let it ride. If it is not open I tell Maurer to get a few yards with his legs and we line up and do it again. Other than a few teams remaining I do not think anyone can handle our skill positions if we spread it out and just let them play. I know simple sometimes looks hard to these guys but I definitely think this is our best option for the rest of the year. 

Totally agree with this. 

Nice post...........And the correct one too! Today is the first day since Saturday that I have opened a fan board or read the sports news....- I needed a breather -......I had an uncle that played over there and I grew up in that stadium. After being told for damn near 10 yrs that we are re-building ( and quiet frankly, never did) it hurts and its tiresome to be where we are today. Pruitt - is not the problem...He's obviously a hell of a coach! Our freshmen are all ball hawks and learning on the job. Lets face it, we were small and slow when Pruitt showed up and the more of HIS players that come in the talent level is stepping up x 10. I'm with the Blah Blah Master.........glass is half full! As a fan base sit back and enjoy the progress that the program is making and know there is a light at the end of this tunnel........We are all hurting......but tough times build strength and prove character...Let's grow as one, win in the future as one and support our Vols! Roll with the punches and get back in the fight....CJP, his staff or the fan opinion cant be blamed for the current situation. That was recruiting and poor leadership......none of us can control that but we can support the change that is happening in our program...#GoVols!!!!!! 

well positives this week, deer season starts this weekend. negatives its gonna be 90 degrees out and tennessee is still 1-3. at this point i take it for what it is. i cant change the weather or tennessee football so why worry, just roll with it. its gonna be really hard to find anything positive to say when guys are jumping ship and others have seemingly forgotten how to play football.id say the big thing to look for this upcoming game is weather or not they figure out how to serve cold beer in the stadium

1 hour ago, XLVol said:

A2K, Butch was rebuilding. Brick by brick, this is what he created:

1280px-Poplar_Forest6.jpg

LOL............Butch Jones.....like we say in the "South" .....Bless his heart

2 hours ago, XLVol said:

A2K, Butch was rebuilding. Brick by brick, this is what he created:

1280px-Poplar_Forest6.jpg

Let me correct my previous post. The above photo is what he was trying to build. 

This is what Jeremy Pruitt actually inherited:

3207615.jpg