Pick Ems Week 4 has been added. Week 3 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RobVol

Hope some of you don't have DirecTV

I still use Xfinity so no issue for me. I'm One of few that actually likes it. But I'm sick and tired of these channel disputes. But looks like AT&T/DirecTV is pulling this with Disney/ESPN

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

This could be an issue for a number of SEC fans this weekend.

I'd be pissed if not straightened out. I know many have cut the cord. I think everyone should. I tried Hulu and liked it. The problem for me is really big TV's show the streaming artifacts you don't see on 60" and below TV's plus they only broadcast audio in stereo 2.0 and my HT system is quite big and needs a better quality system. If streaming services looked good on 75" and above TV's with DTS 5.1 sound, I'd drop all of these TV providers. This crap is getting ridiculous and only the consumer suffers. 

Hope all you DirecTV folks can see the game. Dumb dumb dumb

1 hour ago, RobVol said:

But I'm sick and tired of these channel disputes.

Me too. But then as sports fans there's not much we can do about it because the mega-companies who provide the content have stacked the deck in their favor. I remember reading & seeing things in the late 80's and early 90's about the coming digital revolution and the integration of different means of watching or following sports. A lot of the technical stuff turned out to be spot on. They were full of stories about dazzling picture and clean digital sound and being able to show a readable stat chart on a sidebar and/or crawl and still show the game at a much bigger screen size than was the standard back then. All of that may be true now but like almost every other next big thing it comes at a price.  Digital turf wars was something they couldn't anticipate back then.

Actually the content being provided isn't any better than the service provided 10 years ago.

High definition is still broadcast at 720p or 1080i. Still same audio quality is the same. If channels at least offered 2160 quality or enhanced audio I could see it. This is pure blackmail on the channel providers part. The channel might pretty it up or provide special graphics but the technology hasn't really changed and even the pipe used for bandwidth has grown expedentially. 50mb was high performance. I'm on the low side at 150 MBS and honestly it's more than enough. Disney is holding providers in a blackmail situation. It's setting a terrible precedent. Disney knows DirecTV cannot survive without ESPN. Guess who suffers. The consumer. 

I was able to get fiber optics 1000mbs from AT&T, so I cut the cord.  Moved to Sling which was a pretty good package, but then went to YouTubeTv and liked them very much.  But then the first Vols game came, the SEC channel just crunched.  After the game I made the switch back to Sling and everything is okay

I have 150Mbs and manage to work over 15 devices in my house. I think the providers of channels are screwing us. I am almost about at the place to where I will give up ESPN because I am tired of crap. They are screwing us over and I am tired of it.