Countdown To Christmas!

RobVOL

My hope for this weekend

I have been thinking about this Saturday and the game against UTC. I truly think this is pivotal even though this is a game that should be won by the Vols easily. With that being said we thought Georgia State would be an easy win. I think though this is a time to review everything from top to bottom. I am not a coach on the team, I am just throwing my opinion out there as a fan. I know back in my day in college when I played we went through a letdown in the first couple of games and the attitude was falling. We had a small school coming up and the coaches decided they would run a team 1 in the first half and then team 2 in the second half if the game was in hand and then would re-evaluate the depth chart. This actually worked because many got real live action work. I would like to see JG, with the same offensive line and some Chandler and Jordan and the starting WRs and TE.  Then allow the best defensive starters stay in the first half. If and this is an if they are up a lot then I would have a planned Team 2 for offense with a combination of JT/Maurer and a combo of Gray/and whoever on the depth chart you want to add. I would keep the WR rotation in as the same because it allows multiple QBs to get rhythm with WRs sets from the best depth of the group. See who all plays the best and re-evaluate. I think there is some things that need to be looked at and sometimes live action in a game is the best way to evaluate players. I know this is a wish but I think it would be valuable. Plus honestly I would like to see the other QBs in live action. I am just curious as to see what we have going for the future.

Just thinking out loud today.

:thumb_yello:

I was just reading about the overrated Chip Kelly and look how it has went to crap at UCLA as well. UCLA, Tennessee and FSU are all teams who have really lost that historical value as a college football power. Such a shame.

I would also get JG focused on playmakers. I don't mean stare them down but get some rhythm with them. Like look at Jennings and Calloway and get the ball to them a lot and also DOMINICK WOOD-ANDERSON!!!!! The guy is over 250 LBs and the mocs don't have any LBs over 230 if I am not mistaken. And his is athletic as a WR. And yes I would like to see the other QB get some time. But then again Maybe JG needs all the work because apparently he still ain't got enough gametime to improve on his performance. It could also be that maybe the team is just trying too hard. I haven't really thought about that. There is no way Georgia State should beat the Vols. I am wondering if this is a coaching thing or maybe mental thing instead. I don't think it is a talent thing. JG proved he should be there last season. It just seems he has either regressed or is pressing too much.  :dunno:

Wood-Anderson is a huge key to the Vols settling in and getting this thing straightened out and back on track with a dash of Jennings and Calloway. Spread em out then stick Gray down the middle.