Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RobVol

Feel good story but.........................

If you havent read this you have been living in a hole somewhere. So everyone has heard the story of the kid who got picked on and they made that design and now they have offered him a scholarship if qualified?????

WWW.TENNESSEAN.COM

A boy bullied over his homemade shirt supporting UT could become a Vol, himself, after the university announced it will give him a scholarship.
Read more  

Looky here now. I got Florida fans picking on me all the time.... I want some stuff tooo  :laughing1:

:gone:

Seriously nice thing for everyone at UT to do this but what precedent are we setting now? Does every kid who get's bullied get schollys? I am little precarious on this even though the gesture is completely awesome & cool.

Thoughts on the precedence this sets?

Personally I love it to but yeah I was thinking the same thing. Are people for other schools now gonna say their kid was bullied to get stuff? Totally love the intent of this but I hope it isn't opening a can worms for others. 

Still the intent of this is great and proud of the Tennessee for this. Still, a slippery slope 

I'm happy for the kid and props to his teacher too. As for the scholly thing, the disclaimer is the "if qualified" part. He still has to earn it. And if he can, more power to him. I could be wrong but I really don't see any kind of mad rush on the part of hordes of parents to get similar treatment. It's just a nice story with a happy ending, sort of like the kid who had a zillion yellow cars show up at his house.

Oh yeah I love the story terrific job. I just hope people don't "Claim" bullying for stuff. I just hate when people take advantage of kindness like this ... No doubt this is a terrific gesture as I said and so proud of the school and yes it is "IF QUALIFIED" so the student has to get the grades just I know how a lot of people are unfortunately and would somehow try to abuse this type of kindness. I sure hope not. Just the world we live in now.... unfortunately.

My 15-year-old son wears his Tennessee gear to school every day in NE Atlanta, surrounded by several thousand kids who are georgia fans. He gets picked on all the time. Can he have a scholarship too? 

It shouldn't matter that he's bigger than a lot of the seniors and can kick the crap out of most of them. :dawgs::tapeoreille:

LOVE the idea in theory of this gesture as well. Really cool. I agree with Rob though.... I get hammered from my UGA fans all the time. I want reparations!!! :devilsmoke:

Hey I think all Tennessee fans should be compensated. My goodness having to put of with the production on the field for almost 10 years it should be a danged right! I want something for the pain we went through for the past few years!!! :whataredoin::drink:

:smily961:

Damn skippy, we all deserve free tuition. And I still have eligibility left. I think I might have a shot at defensive end. :271:

7 hours ago, XLVol said:

Damn skippy, we all deserve free tuition. And I still have eligibility left. I think I might have a shot at defensive end. :271:

If not, maybe offensive to the end ...... Oh ........ Ummmmmm yeah 

45 minutes ago, GiveHim6 said:

You guys sound like a bunch of grumpy old farts. Oh wait.... :ohyeah:

Who ever heard it dealt it. Or observed it or...... Ahhhh shut up. I'm confused. Where am I at? What's going on? Huh? 

You know back in my day we only had one HBO channel. Times were tough!

:gone: 

Bah, this thing is unique because It was initiated by a third party. Not mom or dad feeling sorry for their kid, but the teacher feeling sorry for the student. So let's see some copycat match that action. Then we'll talk...

HEY Teach I got a 1,000 for ya if you say my kid was bully'd ///////// LMFAO just saying. I tell ya what yes I am being a smart ass but man in this world NOTHING would surprise me anymore.