Jump to content
Countdown To Christmas!



ShamVol1998

yall think im playin......

Recommended Posts

 

I don't doubt it. This is year two of a five year re-build. That puts Maurer in his RS Junior or Senior year, with Harrison Bailey coming right behind him. The next great UT QB will be one of those guys I think. 

 

Question is, who transfers, and when?

 

JG has already graduated, he could transfer next year and play immediately. And just might, with two years of eligibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, okfloray said:

JG has already graduated, he could transfer next year and play immediately. And just might, with two years of eligibility. 

There's gotta be a some school that would take him. May I suggest Tennessee state? He would fit nicely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, RobVol said:

There's gotta be a some school that would take him. May I suggest Tennessee state? He would fit nicely. 

How about UTC? He could be the next B J Coleman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

There's that as well.... Somewhere that doesn't play top quality opponents like in the SEC. Maybe then he'd be more successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

If (strong if) Maurer is the #2 QB it might be JT that transfers. With HB coming in, I'm convinced that this is the last season for somebody. Either JG or Shrout, that's what I'm going with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, okfloray said:

If (strong if) Maurer is the #2 QB it might be JT that transfers. With HB coming in, I'm convinced that this is the last season for somebody. Either JG or Shrout, that's what I'm going with.

I thought JT was kind if a diamond in the rough the Pruitt and his staff found. I thought they were really into him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Just now, RockyTopTN said:

I thought JT was kind if a diamond in the rough the Pruitt and his staff found. I thought they were really into him. 

Yeah, JT tore it up in hi-school and had some outstanding camps. I never figured out why he wasn't ranked higher. But It's his second year as a Vol, and if he's let Maurer come in and take the spot that should have been his then maybe he's peaked.

 

Then again, maybe Maurer's just that dang good. I forget what, but he did come in highly ranked. I know he's got wheels, and played well in the O/W game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I thought JT had one throw that was perfect down the sideline in the O&W game. It showed his down the field type ability. I do think either one should get some time. Some players are great practice players and then get into the game and don't perform well and then there are some players who aren't great in practice but show out on the field. Wonder if some of that is going on.

 

I remember another year where Tennessee started a couple of guys and neither one could separate themselves and just didn't have that IT factor or maybe untimely errors. 

 

In 2000, there was Joey Matthews and AJ Suggs and both went back and forth and neither separated themselves. all of sudden it took like until the Bama game to let Clausen start. And the rest after that history. 

 

I wonder if some of this is going on here?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now