Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RobVol

Vols VS BYU Thoughts?

7KVKAFNYYFC6RILTRHHBSJCGEI.jpg

Mine is complete disgusting thoughts. Tell me how this gets better....

tennessee might as well forefit the rest of the season. pure garbage. im not sure if anyone can recover from this. i know they have to one day, but im not sure. here's a plus though, wait there aint one

When points are hard to come by you can't afford to leave any on the field. When you can score, you score. You don't continue to go for desperation attempts on fourth down during the first half of a ball game. You kick the damn field goal, and you take the points. 

This has reached the point of no return I fear. This dumpster fire is zero percent contained. I’m sick of it. There is no one in the chain of command that seems to give a rip. There is no coaching these lazy 2-1/2 star heroes. God I love Tennessee but this is beyond bearable. Why do we continue to waste our time?

• Like 1

I still say this is a JG issue. He's not a leader. Hate to say it but he's not

Thought Pruitt and Fulmer would fix this. Now I'm just totally dumbfounded.

I’ll continue to wear my colors, cheer for the team and love my Vols. But my expectations are minimal. We do not have the management, coaching, personnel or perseverance to win. This season is already tanked. Once again, our battle cry is we’ll be back. 

At CJPs very first presser, he said it would likely get worse before it gets better. Its not a dumpster fire, he is EXTINGUISHING a dumpster fire, and the immediate aftermath of any fire is tons of smoke and foul odor. Once more of the "bricks" are gone, we will see improvement, but not until then. 

*EDIT* However, I did see a much more improved team (except JG) since last week, which gives me an oh-so-tiny sliver of hope for the future. 

Here's the real issue. And I never thought this would creep in on me. Apathy. That's were I'm at unfortunately. 

I'm totally apathetic. That's not a good sign. 

I thought the plan was to use the first 3 games as a tune-up for the meat of the schedule. :dunno:

I wanted to give JG the benefit of the doubt but not anymore. He needs to sit.

Even when JG gets screamed at by Pruitt he has those puppy dog eyes and nods. I see no fire in the belly. The kid shows no leadership ability. You have to sit him and shake it up like a snow globe. Apathetic as well Rob. State of affairs is as bad as Kiffin pulling out of dodge in the middle of the night.

i woke up this morning with the taste of vomit in my mouth...what happend last night??? just kidding. we totally suck and ive lost all faith in any coach up there. apathetic sums it up pretty good

Sit JG and replace him with who?

Pruitt has already said that #2 QB hasn't been settled. What that means is that neither guy has seperated himself, one a true freshman. So the takeaway is, our second year guy isn't doing any better in practice than a guy who was playing high school ball last year. 

Better? How, besides experience? You think there's no down side? How about if Shrout comes in and stinks it up, everybody's gonna be hating on him too.

Maurer? That's delusional.

JG has been given ample opportunity to prove himself but what I'm afraid of is that he's gotten about as good as he's ever gonna get. If he goes out next week and shows more of the same old same old, why not give the backups at least a few reps against a FCS team?

A serviceable qb doesn't throw into triple coverage every play, check down or hild onto the ball way to long when people are wide open. There is a reason Pruitt was on his ass last night. As 6 said he has gotten as far as he is going to to go in the SEC. Said it last night in the chat I bet we don't win more than 6 games if he finishes his career as our qb

29 minutes ago, Atomic City said:

A serviceable qb doesn't throw into triple coverage every play, check down or hild onto the ball way to long when people are wide open. There is a reason Pruitt was on his ass last night. As 6 said he has gotten as far as he is going to to go in the SEC. Said it last night in the chat I bet we don't win more than 6 games if he finishes his career as our qb

JG hasn't shown me anything that makes me believe that he's improved from last year. So we're all in agreement that from appearances he's peaked. It's not my point to defend JG, but at the same time nobody can demonstrate how it is that they believe that we have anybody on the roster that can give us a better chance of winning ballgames. Until then, I've accepted that JG starts, plays, and we sink or swim with him as our QB. 

6-14, no leadership, bad decision making is enough for me to see what else is over there. I honestly don't know if we can beat UTC with this current situation so yeah that's another good reason

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :tongue1:

Everybody's favorite player is the #2 QB. 

Until they get to see why he's not the #1 QB.

Remember last year, everybody wanted Keller Chryst? How'd that work out?

I hear ya okfl. Everyone is just grasping for something. I do think against an FCS team it wouldn't hurt to give Strout some reps. Cannot get worse

I wouldn't be a bad idea to let Shrout play a couple series, they might not get another chance. But you know there's no way that Pruitt comes away uncriticized. If Shrout does well, or if he stinks up the field people will invent a reason to complain.

What the heck was Chaney thinking with the pee-wee playcalling last night? He killed our momentum running the stretch play over and over,  even after BYU defended it. 

I thought he was trying to set up another play off it. Draw the defense in, then some kind of fake or reverse off of it. Flea-flicker, something, I just knew it. Sheesh, we lost yards and he kept calling the same play, same alignment, same motion. Everybody knew, the cheerleaders made that read.