Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

ShamVol1998

Nice to meet yall considering.........

hey to everyone out here on voltalk! im glad to be a part of the forums. i wish my first post could come at a better time but sadly we must accept the sham that was georgia state and the possible overthrow of all that is holy following a loss to byu this saturday. seriously, how can the program recover from what it has become? how much sunshine pumping will there be? i know the team will eventually get better but how? i have alot of questions and have for the past ninteen years but it seems no matter how much trust i put into the organization i always find myself back to square one by week two or three. im just so confused as to how this could happen. 

Sham vol... Yeah a sham. Nice name. Welcome to the site. The only thing I can say on this is the best improvement is from game 1 to game 2. Let's hope we see that. Still think Pruitt is the guy. But will take time. 

I would agree with that Rob. I was like you last Saturday and totally pissed. It was like waiting all year for Christmas to show up and you know your family made good money this year and you just KNOW your daddy got you that latest best toy on the market and you open it up to find clothes and some crappy off shoot to the good toy you wanted. This story is getting tired an I am getting sick of it. I do think Pruitt is the answer but if I hear one more "expert vol fan" tell us and pontificate about how "Be patient, it a marathon and not a sprint" I could scream. I wish these people would shut the hell up. I mean that stuff sounds good when they hired Doofus-Dooley, and THEN when they Hired Lying Lyle Jones but NOW we are on COACH 3! I think telling us fans to be patient is getting WAY old. 

When Jeremy Pruitt practically dares players to leave the team, It's pretty obvious what the problem is.

I think he pretty much wants all of the remaining Butch Jones crap players.

3 hours ago, RobVol said:

You had me pissed at brick by brick :mices_blah:

I would like to express my opinion to that little turd in person, brick by brick. 

:punchingbag:

49 minutes ago, RobVol said:

I think he pretty much wants all of the remaining Butch Jones crap players.

Yup. Locker room poison.

:the_finger: GTFO..!

Oh yeah, ShamVol welcome to the board. :Tennrules:

i have insider proof that they hired meatloaf to come out at halftime tomorrow and sing "id do anything for love" lol seriously though i played on a 1-11,2-10 team my first two years of highschool ball. the coach was definatly the problem with our team, playing favorites,being generally dickish and indescisive and it showed. i see alot of similarity with this team this year. there are a lot of red flags. gotta say i understand the players hittin the road. general playcalling, lethargy on the sideline,rotating guys in and out so much. dang i hate it,i hate it so very much.

I would agree with this IF the players leaving were impact players. These guys are leftover from the Lying Lyle coaching experience. I totally get the negativity. I thought I would totally freak after the games last Saturday. I will go back to Bama losing to ULM, Troy beating LSU and Georgia Southern beating Florida. These embarrassing games happen. I still feel Pruitt and this staff are better than anything during the Butch Jones or Doofus Dooley era. I am willing to give them a chance. BUT this Saturday is pivotal to this. They look like crap again and boy the Vol Nation is gonna go into complete meltdown. Me included.

Good point, Sham - playcalling. I don't understand why our first 2 plays in the game were passes, and we barely tried to run in the 2nd half. What's going on with our new OC and the decisions to go pass happy? If it's that obvious we're going to pass, we certainly don't want our freshman RB trying to pass block. He whiffed on one play and JG got plastered. 

I think against BYU our passing game will have to carry us with short and play action passing. Their linebackers are not good enough to cover our receivers on short routes, but they can and will defend against downfield passing. 

good points. and robvol its not necessarily that they were impact players or not, its the fact that they left and pruitt said there will probably be more. when guys start abandoning ship somethins goin down. jennings cant win all by himself. shoot, pruitt said himself that we dont have any guys to be afraid of and that he wished he had 12 other jajuan jennings. you cant be a leader and say that stuff(pruitt). after tomorrow id look to see a few more leave. we all know whats comin but we just dont want to say it im afraid. i grew up in that stadium. ive seen more tennessee football than i can remember. i just feel it comin, we should be prepared

And I have to disagree with you. And I totally like Pruitt's statement and glad he got it out there. Yeah more maybe coming. Not because of bad coaching but because of bad attitudes instilled from the previous staff. I don't put that on the guy cleaning house. I played football through college and I can tell you this. I cannot relate to your point. I never played on a 2-10 team ... LOL :laughing1: Maybe there is something to this but I am not blaming Pruitt for this. He is the guy that left with the crap stained team with Jones leftovers. I say let them go or show them door. By him telling you more may be leaving i.e forced out you can bet it probably will happen

i believe(hope and pray)he is doing just that....cleaning house but i still see some pretty alarming stuff i just cant get past. and yeah 2-10 we sucked.i started as a freshman, my junior and senior years though we went to the playoffs both times under tssaa hall of famer terry anderson......at a different school did my transfer and started for him both years. went on and played collegiate rugby and then to semi pro, rugby was so much fun. i guess it is hard to get mad over a losing program being a losing program and i truly hope that CJP is in fact just cleaning house. if not, oh lord

25 minutes ago, ShamVol1998 said:

truly hope that CJP is in fact just cleaning house. if not, oh lord

Amen on that lol

11 minutes ago, cowhampshirevol said:

They lose to BYU RobVol will dig up that rock and hurl it in the ocean that has been painted a thousand times. 

You danged right ! :gone:

1 hour ago, cowhampshirevol said:

They lose to BYU RobVol will dig up that rock and hurl it in the ocean that has been painted a thousand times. 

We lose to BYU at this point, I say we paint the rock black and leave it that way until we get 6 wins, this year or next

BYU has always worried me for one unique reason. They're not the most talented football team in the world. But what a lot of times goes unmentioned is those Mormons always go on two year missions after their sophomore year. Then come back to school with two or three remaining years of eligibility. So, don't be suprised to see some 25 year old grown-assed men out there playing college football. 

College football historians will note many times BYU has snuck up on people. Back in the day Miami and Texas A&M come to mind. BYU always scared me back in the day with spread betting. A school known for Steve Young, Ty Detmer, Jimmy Mac, sure could spook you back then. 

That's who I was referring to Jimmy Mac was his Nick name back then. I forgot about Todd.