TecVol

RobVol & VolNick and all Sunshine State Voltalkers

Thanks TEC. I'm more worried about Nick he's gonna be closer to landfall but we're still gonna get 70 mph and huge amounts of rain here. I hope Nick's bunkered down.

Bunkered and hunkered.  They say this one is moving slowly so expecting a lot of rain over several days.  The pool was a little low of water anyways.

There was a Jim Cantore sighting in West Palm Beach so that's not a good omen for them,

I got a feeling the Jacksonville turn is gonna happen down there and Dorian is gonna stick it right up my tail pipe. Hope not but the latest models are turning back to the cape. I don't won't the east side remaining crap from this storm

You must be watching something different from me because I see it keep turning south over water, then slowly heading up  the peninsula.  Cat 1 near me, TS by the time it gets to you.

I watch Mike's weather page. He's great. He's on Facebook. Does a great job on predictions. 

We are in the general path of whatever is left of the storm once it moves north from Fla. The truth is we could use a good drenching (but not the potential flooding or the tornadoes we are being warned about). It's been a long hot, dry summer here with several stretches of two weeks or so of little or no rain at all.

I do have a good friend in Ft. Myers I emailed but she says she's not that concerned. At least not enough to go to a shelter. I hope everyone down there stays safe but this does look like a bad one.

I am just having a hard time believing that hard right turn right after it makes landfall.

Oh it's coming. We about to get anal kicked right in the butt here in saint Augustine

So I wake up this morning to see the projected path has shifted once again. Now it may not make landfall in Fla. at all but skirt up the coast & hit Ga. or SC instead. I've never seen a storm where the track keeps changing radically from day to day. Forecasters keep saying how hard it is to figure this one out. All that modern technology and mother nature can still spring her surprises.

This reminds me of the one we had a couple of years ago (Matthew?) that just cruised up the coastline.  We still got battered by 100 mph winds for about 18 hours and lost power for 2 days.  Hope is misses you GH6.

Love these things. Watch it change again. Anyone need 8 12 packs of purified water? :smily961:

Hey GH6 seems like SC was getting northern feeder bands beating you guys up. Hope all is ok up there now

All we ended up getting here was clouds and some breeze. No rain at all. Charleston and the low country are another story however. No doubt there's been some damage along the coast.

• Like 1