Pick Ems Week 4 has been added. Week 3 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RobVol

Who are you most anticpating to see play this season?

With all the changes and with Pruitt in his second year, who are you most anticipating seeing play this season? JG, the RBs, WRs? Defensive Line? LBs? Offensive Line?

Just curious what everyone is thinking and looking forward too....

It would be nice to see an offensive line that can handle assignments instead of being manhandled. After games like UMass & Charlotte the last few years I don't take anyone for granted but I'd hope the Vols OL can use the game Saturday as a confidence builder. If they let a Sun Belt school that went 2-10 last year push them around it's gonna be another long season.

Jauan Jennings is going to be playing for draft ranking. I'll be watching for him. I hope to be watching Trey Smith. I'm going to take a long look at Wayna Morris just to see what the fuss is all  about. And if we can get some blocks I'd like to see if Garantano can emerge.

Aubrey Solomon, I wish I had some confidence he'd make the field this year. But I suspect he won't if Harbaugh gets his way. I think Bituli will be held out until the BYU game at least, but he'll be go by then. Until then I'll be watching Quavaris Couch. Nigel Warrior's a senior, so yeah. But also Shawn Shamburger and Trevon Flowers should be ready to make some hi-lite plays.

Cimaglia's first FG as a Vol was a 51 yd'er Vs Florida, 4 for 6 greater than 40 yds last year, and perfect 31 for 31 pat',s. 12 points last year Vs Auburn. No list would be complete without mentioning Riley Lovingood. Long snapper, the most important position on the field. With a name like that, I'll bet he gets all the girls.

4 hours ago, GiveHim6 said:

It would be nice to see an offensive line that can handle assignments instead of being manhandled. After games like UMass & Charlotte the last few years I don't take anyone for granted but I'd hope the Vols OL can use the game Saturday as a confidence builder. If they let a Sun Belt school that went 2-10 last year push them around it's gonna be another long season.

I agree with GiveHim6. I know we got playmakers and talent but do we have the “unit” up front to keep JG off his ass for most of the game?

Jarrett Guarantano.  I think with better line play he will light it up this year.  Hell, Peyton Manning could not have scored with last years line, and he sure couldn't have taken the beating Jarrett did. 

JG passed for 311 yds, he didn't lose this game for us. Two turnovers, and giving up 17 points in the 4th qtr did.

Not just JG but the whole team. It rests on all them. JG threw some stupid passes as well. The one that should been intercepted in the right corner of the end zone comes to mind. 

It's like Tennessee is under a curse. If I was superstitious I'd began thinking that

Whole team, yes. If the whole team had played as well as JG did we would have won going away. I'm not saying he was stellar, but I can't remember ever seeing a QB that didn't throw a couple bad balls. In the way of criticisms JG stared down the checkoff, looked away from wide open recievers, and still can't get the offense out of bad plays. I didn't see anything that resembled improvement from last year. Even so he was productive, and that's more than I can say for 75% of everybody else.

Like Lake said, there's plenty of talent on this team, particularly at the "skill" positions but if the lines are getting outmuscled and outplayed it's hard for them to be difference makers.

He is ok but the fact that he never throws the ball down field pissed me off. I'm so tired of watching 5-7 yard routes. He is the only common denominator from the offense last year to this year. We have arguably the best starting WRs in the league and we dunk it.