Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RobVol

Official: Pruitt suspends Bryce Thompson

hi-res-56eef36a4be68c1dfd979d16b7c1bc33_crop_north.jpg

247SPORTS.COM

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt addresses the status of star cornerback Bryce Thompson after his arrest over the weekend.
Read more  

This was expected. Still wait for this to play out. This may not be a perm situation. Pruitt did what he should until this resolved. 

According to Chris Low, there are multiple witnesses saying he threatened to slap the girl he was arguing with, and two witnesses heard a threat to “shoot up a school,” one of whom clearly alleges it was Thompson. Now, Thompson is denying he made any physical threats. However, his credibility is already damaged by not being truthful with police in other areas.

We might also point out the unlikelihood of on-campus witnesses in a University of Tennessee dorm room making up something like that to keep one of Tennessee football’s top players from playing this year. Seriously, what’s the incentive to lie unless the witnesses, keep in mind that’s plural, have an axe to grind? Simply put, this looks bad for Thompson.

What works in Thompson’s favor is that there is no accusation of actual physical violence yet. As a result, it’s also the right move to not kick him off the team, assuming this is the first offense. And we don’t know of any others.

however, if the physical threats are true, well Thompson then has to be suspended the full season and take anger management classes. He needs to feel the effects of this and get help immediately. Otherwise, the next incident could be more than just threats. And it could hurt lots of people, Thompson included.

I have been reading a lot of social media on this issue and I can tell you Coach Pruitt didn't have any choice in this. Indefinite means there is no time frame but doing this protects the school and team from impacts and liability. This isn't saying Pruitt is assuming guilt or anything. This is standard stuff. Once this has been settled and punishments or fines or charges are officially completed then Pruitt will make the call. I am not assuming anything on this until all the facts and findings have been completed. Obviously this kid screwed up. Now we just need to let the law and school administration decide the impacts and implications. Until then, most fans should just stop assuming anything. In case you don't understand what I am saying I have two words for you:

AJ Johnson

Just now, LCountyVol said:

I have been reading a lot of social media on this issue and I can tell you Coach Pruitt didn't have any choice in this. Indefinite means there is no time frame but doing this protects the school and team from impacts and liability. This isn't saying Pruitt is assuming guilt or anything. This is standard stuff. Once this has been settled and punishments or fines or charges are officially completed then Pruitt will make the call. I am not assuming anything on this until all the facts and findings have been completed. Obviously this kid screwed up. Now we just need to let the law and school administration decide the impacts and implications. Until then, most fans should just stop assuming anything. In case you don't understand what I am saying I have two words for you:

AJ Johnson

:JC_goodpost:Exactly!

Pruitt is following to standard to protect his team and school from social media blasting. He is playing the standard reaction protocol to alleged domestic issues and possible violence accusations. I agree let this thing play out but losing him would be huge. I hear though that other kid who may take his place is done really well in camp.

I’ve known students who hated football players they knew and would jump at a chance to get them in trouble. Not everyone cares about football. We will just have to see what truth comes out of this. I  selfishly hope he can play soon, but if he’s got serious anger issues and is a danger to women or really threatened to shoot up the school, he just needs to transfer to Florida.

True the hyperbole and overreaction by social media whenever now anyone appears to be causing drama is just stupid. Who knows what really happened. But don't suggest he come to Florida, we have enough idiots down here already. 

6 minutes ago, RobVol said:

True the hyperbole and overreaction by social media whenever now anyone appears to be causing drama is just stupid. Who knows what really happened. But don't suggest he come to Florida, we have enough idiots down here already. 

That's why social media needs to go away! It's been "guilty until proven innocent" for too long now.