TecVol

Vanderbilt will sell alcohol at football games

I hate to say this, but drunk fans at any game ruin it for the rest of us. Now other Universities will follow and take away from a great experience. For all the money I spend, if I attend a game, I don't want to spend the entire time being pissed off at some a$$hole who can't control themselves sitting right next to me and my family.

I actually agree. I love tailgating before the game but once you get in there I think it is a good time to let the the drinking affects wear off. Keeping it going just seems to make people more stupid. Now if Neyland would just let people leave the stadium and come back in. I hate the fact they won't let you come back in. For us who might want to smoke or vape this is so stupid they cannot at least give one small area around the outside of the stadium. NFL does. This sucks.

I went to the UT vs. Wyoming game at the Titans stadium in 2002, and they sold alcohol there. I saw several fights, including 2 drunk women, both UT fans, pulling hair, slapping, and falling down several rows onto other fans. All the fights were between UT fans, no Wyoming people involved. I can't even imagine what it will be like when Florida plays anybody, anywhere. I've never seen so many fights and obnoxious drunk idiots in one place as for a Florida game. The one factor that improved the situation was that they were mostly sober by the time they left the stadium. :Drunk1:

But I will add - if any fan base ever needed to drink, it's Vandy fans. Or UT fans over the last decade. 

We could always make the rules like Georgia has - only sell booze to rich fans in the expensive seats. 

I have 3 words for you:

Florida Georgia Game

The World's largest outdoor cocktail party is always a destructive game. Many injured and many fights break out. I hope these people really get what can possibly happen. As for Vandy, do they have enough people even show up to cause a concern? :blink:

3 minutes ago, RobVol said:

I have 3 words for you:

Florida Georgia Game

The World's largest outdoor cocktail party is always a destructive game. Many injured and many fights break out. I hope these people really get what can possibly happen. As for Vandy, do they have enough people even show up to cause a concern? :blink:

Rob, you know they don't call it that any more, it's not politically correct. It's now called "The world's largest outdoor drunk redneck hate fest." Let them kill each other, doesn't bother me. 

Vandy does have enough people that show up. They're called "visitors." 

2 hours ago, XLVol said:

Rob, you know they don't call it that any more, it's not politically correct. It's now called "The world's largest outdoor drunk redneck hate fest." Let them kill each other, doesn't bother me. 

Vandy does have enough people that show up. They're called "visitors." 

LOL so true on both counts. :smily961:

Alcohol being consumed in a college football stadium? Why, I've never heard of such a thing! :laughing1:

Way back when I was a high school student in Knoxville, I would use my Dad's student ticket to see games at Neyland. Sitting in the student section, you could smell the Jack Daniels fumes in the air. I never saw any fights but saw plenty of drunk students. Although alcohol was not allowed in the stadium, I suspect that a few hundred gallons of Tennessee Sippin' Whiskey were consumed every Saturday. That was a long time ago & in this day & age stadium security is much tighter but whether it's legally sold or not, where there's a will there's always a way. I'd imagine the bigger problem with selling booze in stadiums now is the number of students using fake IDs.

So very true about drinking in the game. I cannot deny I have many a time snuck in a few airplane bottles, OK a lot of them on many occasions. :bouncesmile:

Still, open OK drinking will open the flood gates and make it easier for some to get stupid. We had to work for it before so some would be deterred. Not any more. I bet you can expect to see more this going forward :1sm258fight::smily961: