Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

TecVol

Analysis of operating costs shows Vols Athletics is the king of the buyout

Tennessee is the buyout king.

The UT athletic department’s $13.8 million in reported severance expenses were the most among all Division I athletic departments at public institutions during the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2018.

USA TODAY published its database of public institutions’ athletic department finances on Monday. Private schools are not subject to public record laws requiring them to release their finances.

The News Senti

nel previously reported UT’s athletic finances for the 2018 fiscal year in January. The USA TODAY project shows how bleak of a financial year it was for Tennessee compared to the rest of the NCAA.

Tennessee was the only institution that reported more than $13 million in severance payments. Nebraska, Florida, Arizona State and UCLA topped $12 million in reported severance costs. All of those schools, including Tennessee, fired their football coach in 2017, which helps explain the high severance figure.

rest of story:

WWW.TENNESSEAN.COM

Tennessee is the buyout king. UT�s $13.8M in severance expenses were the most among all public school athletic departments in the 2018 fiscal year.
Read more  

Well if Butch would have been able to find a job better than a $35k "analyst" for Alabama That number might have been a little less.

I'm willing to not coach football for a much lower fee.

I still can't believe Tennessee hired those last 3 stooges. 

Honestly and this isn't just at Tennessee but these high buyouts for coaches keeps escalating and it is killing college football in my opinion. But yes these last few assclowns that were hired are embarrassing to Tennessee. Start right at the top and see who Cheek and those idiots kept going after and you know where the blame should fall.

Every AD is in this "gotta give them a contract extention" for recruiting.  And so it goes right up till the year they have to fire them.   Insane, but hey, it is not THEIR money, is it?