Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RobVol

Sec wins predicted thoughts

Honestly the one about Texas A&M shocks me. A&M is my dark horse to unseat Bama in the West this year. 

I wouldn't sleep on the Aggies

Bad prediction. Tennessee is about right. 

The gators sure are getting lots of love from just about every football analyst in the land. I don't think Mullen & Co. will sneak up on anybody this year. And they actually open the season vs. Miami instead of the usual cupcake.

In 2018 the Vols ranked 96 in passing, 121 in rushing out of 129 teams nationally. Maybe Chaney is the man to turn that around or at least get them trending back up. Maybe. 

7 or 8 wins in 2019 would be a pleasant surprise to me.  

4 hours ago, GiveHim6 said:

The gators sure are getting lots of love from just about every football analyst in the land. I don't think Mullen & Co. will sneak up on anybody this year. And they actually open the season vs. Miami instead of the usual cupcake.

In 2018 the Vols ranked 96 in passing, 121 in rushing out of 129 teams nationally. Maybe Chaney is the man to turn that around or at least get them trending back up. Maybe. 

7 or 8 wins in 2019 would be a pleasant surprise to me.  

Last year the Vols defense gave up 100 yds less rushing per game than in 2017. That side of the ball is already trending up, and I expect rushing defense to be a team strength this year.  

Losing Emmit Gooden doesn't help though. I was kind of relying on him. 

Generally speaking yes, the D was better overall last year but getting walloped by Mizzou & Vandy didn't exactly end the season on a high note. The Vols need to improve in all areas and then have some things go right that never did last year to win 7 or 8 games. And no, losing EG for the season doesn't help.

getting word on Solomon would be nice as well. I hate this whole transfer rules and how the NCAA takes their sweet time on some and not on others. Pisses me off