Update:

Pick Ems Updated. Redwood still leads. Added week 13 

Get your picks in for week 13 here

RobVol

Jim Chaney discusses his growing relationship with Jarrett Guarantano - SDS

6249714036112966600_img_7763.jpg

Jim Chaney’s return to Tennessee was arguably the biggest coordinator hire in the entire Southeastern Conference this offseason for many reasons. Not only did Jeremy Pruitt manage to weaken a division opponent while at the same time drastically improve his staff, with the hire of Chaney, Tennessee’s defensive-minded head coach can now have full confidence in his offensive play-caller to know what to do in just about every situation that arises on the field.

In addition to all the pros you get with Chaney as a coach, Pruitt shared his thoughts on just how easy his offensive coordinator is to talk with off the field.

“Working with Jim for the last six months, he’s really easy to talk to and he is a funny guy, has a great personality, witty and really, really smart,” Pruitt said on Thursday. “I’ve sat in his meetings with the offensive staff and with the offensive players and he captivates them. He has a really good teaching progression and knows what he is talking about and I believe in him, I’m sure our coaches believe in him and our players believe in him. He’s a guy that’s done well for a long period of time. And the guy just seems to get better every year.”

That comment is noteworthy for a number of reasons, but one stands out heading into the 2019 season. Tennessee’s starting quarterback Jarrett Guarantano has been forced to work with four offensive coordinators in his four seasons in Knoxville. That level of turnover is obviously not constructive for developing as a player on the field or for relationship building off it.

read more at SDS:

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

The relationship between Chaney and Guarantano continues to grow on Rocky Top.