Pick Ems Week 4 has been added. Week 3 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

LCountyVol

The NCAA is ridiculous

I am sure most have heard about the STUPID MORONIC ruling on a self reported violation by Jeremy Pruitt on a tweet congratulating a high school which was his ALMA MATER!!! :censored:

The NCAA is getting out of control. Look I get making sure coaches aren't trying to push incentives to come to their school through tweets and other social media, but there is the letter of the law and the intent of the law. In this case like many others the NCAA goes overboard. This article was a good write up on it and also even Paul Finebaum said yesterday it was ludicrous. And it is. COME ON NCAA :wtf:

WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

The Vols' head football coach shouted out his high school alma mater for winning a championship. Can't do that.

• Like 1

I really think in the near future the NCAA will need some oversight or a complete overhaul. Too many schools and too many in the media are starting to buck the NCAA. In this crazy social media world there is a good chance pressure will continue to be applied. I am totally for enforcement of the rules as long as it brings value and keeps a level playing field for all. But when common sense is not used in enforcement then it just becomes stupid. Just like in this case. In this case why does it have to be a self reported violation? I mean if this was observed why not be able to send memorandums out saying "Hey be careful on your tweets" and let it be done. I don't even call this a violation. If Jeremy Pruitt was interviewed and a reporter asked hey "Did you see your old high school won a championship" And he said "Yeah go team!" that is ok but not a tweet? Sorry common sense is gone. NCAA needs to use some.

According to NCAA rules, coaches and players are not allowed to have a life without committing at least a level III violation. 

4 hours ago, okfloray said:

According to NCAA rules, coaches and players are not allowed to have a life without committing at least a level III violation. 

:smily961: So friggin true

This is the dumbest violation I have heard about. I watching Finebaum yesterday and he was totally baffled and thought this was totally stupid. I for once agree with him.

Just as stupid as the rule about announcers can't show partiality.  C'mon ESPN & their kind, do we really believe Herbstreet is not an Ohio State fan?  Duh.  Herbie can't even pick a winner in the game involving Ohio State (if he is broadcasting the game) because he GASP might be for his alma mater.  

Here is an interesting read. We can add Pruitt to this list

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Look, nobody actually likes rules. Sure, they might be put in place to help keep structure and order, but that doesn't mean that what was decided years ago should still be applied ...
Read more  

13 hours ago, LakeVol said:

The mafia could learn a thing or two from the NCAA. 

That is so true! :ninja_hide: