LCountyVol

ESPN's Football Power Index favors Tennessee in 9 games

Capture.PNG.64a62373cf5573b1eb253e2cb94119e4.PNG

While some Tennessee fans are simply hoping for their Vols to make a return to the postseason for the first time since the 2016 season, ESPN’s updated Football Power Index is jumping on the UT bandwagon early and predicting big things for the program heading into the 2019 season.

Tennessee may have come up just short of reaching a bowl game last season but if ESPN’s FPI is accurate, the Volunteers will have clinched a postseason spot by the first week of November this fall. In the updated ESPN FPI projections, Tennessee is favored in nine of the team’s 12 upcoming games in 2019.

The only three games the Vols aren’t currently favored in, according to ESPN’s FPI, are road games at Florida on Sept. 21 and at Alabama on Oct. 19, and the Oct. 5 home game against Georgia.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

If ESPN's FPI is to be believed, Tennessee is in for a great season.

9 games would be nice but I am still thinking 8 BUT then 9 with a bowl win. So actually may not be that far if you add in the bowl game.

Most preseason picks I have seen have Tennessee going 6-6.  A few have them losing 7 or 8 games but I can't see that happening.  It seems to me still a lot of unknowns on the team so I think I would say 6 or 7 wins.