Pick Ems is BACK. We are BETA Testing right now. Read the topic: Click the link below

Pick Em BETA testing

RobVol

Peyton Manning is opening a Western-themed restaurant in Knoxville

636741684713547910-d875ed2a-3518-4738-b2cb-97af05ad1c66-UT-GA-17.jpg

You know I gotta try this out when it opens  just to say I did....:cool:

Peyton Manning and Graduate Hotels will open a restaurant in Knoxville as part of a hotel renovation and acquisition across from the University of Tennessee.

Saloon 16 will be located in what is right now the Hilton Garden Inn on Cumberland Avenue, which will be rebranded. The restaurant will be a western-inspired, high-end "watering hole." The name is inspired by the former NFL quarterback's nickname, "The Sheriff," and his University of Tennessee football jersey number.

"The vintage saloon will boast a refined, yet old-school, experience including a jukebox, dart board, live piano and outdoor dining," according to a press release.

918e7a96-9c37-49ff-824f-760d9eac865e-graduate_knoxville_update-2.jpg

I looked it up on google earth and it is behind Krystal...or what used to be Krystal.  What the heck, its a cell phone store now.  When did that happen?  Guess I have been gone too long.

55 minutes ago, VolNick said:

I looked it up on google earth and it is behind Krystal...or what used to be Krystal.  What the heck, its a cell phone store now.  When did that happen?  Guess I have been gone too long.

It is a hotel. I am not sure if it is the Hotel that just opened or what. It is being rebranded so I am not sure if there were two hotels back there or just the one. 

Fitting name if Peyton is going to have a restaurant there.

The Volunteer Hotel - formerly Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University - Hotel
1706 Cumberland Ave
Knoxville, TN 37916
Downtown hotel with a Southern-style restaurant featuring locally grown produce & a casual bar.