RobVol

UCLA offers Barnes 5 million

WWW.ESPN.COM

Tennessee coach Rick Barnes is trying to decide between staying with the Vols or accepting the UCLA job, sources told ESPN.
Read more  

Ok so there is other bonuses also in the package. But also consider this. Barnes would have to pay state income tax. In California the cost of living is on a totally different scale. On 5 million it's over 600,000 a year. Where as in Tennessee there's not state tax per say.

Factor in cost of living adjustment of say 200,000 a year and you're really around 4.2 - 4.4 million a year. 

Tennessee step up to say 3.9 million plus assistant coach increases and he stays. 

Just my two cents opinion. 

Glad to see now social media is picking up on the cost of living difference. I guess some of us thought it first. Whatever. LOL

Tennessee has made a counter offer. Barnes is praying about it. Honestly, praying and wanting to go to the most liberal crazy ass area the country should be a duh. You couldn't pay me 20 million a year to go to California. That place is all screwed up. That's just me

Funny, I feel like I've lived all of my adult life in the most conservative crazy ass area of the country. 

Well looky here:

Not shocked. Never thought he was leaving. More Tennessee media drama is all this was.