Sign in to follow this  
TecVol

Vols beat Ole Miss 73-71

Wooo, what a barn burner.  Grant Williams hit a clutch shot with under 10 seconds, then Schofield caused a monster charge next possesion on Ole Miss.  A great win!

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Basketball-No-7-Tennessee-escapes-Ole-Miss-with-73-71-win-129559282/?fbclid=IwAR219tf5hFbKbHBYOJKlx4VJSXxJ-XFQx4or0lUvM4e_hhEyVyhIigmoBDQ

I wondered why Davis went berzerk & threw his coat on the floor for an obvious charge. The call Schofield drew was textbook. A no doubter, the announcers agreed. 

After the officials signaled that the game was over, Ole Miss fans began showering the floor with drinks, shirts, shakers and other trash.

At least two Tennessee players -- guard Lamonte Turner and forward D.J. Burns -- were hit in the face with objects thrown by fans.

Turner raised his right fist in the air and looked toward the Ole Miss student section as he exited the floor and was struck in the face with an object before walking through the tunnel toward the Vols' locker room.

Burns was hit in the face with a red shirt as he left the floor. He unfolded the shirt and held it toward the Ole Miss students as he walked through the tunnel under fans.

"It was close," Davis said of the charge call on Shuler. "Our fans were unbelievable, and I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I threw my jacket, and I think that might have enticed the crowd, so I apologize for that. I was just being competitive in the moment."

Oh ok. :shakehead:

I just wish the refs would quit trying to screw the end of games. Whether it was or wasn't it could go either way and I don't want games ending like that.