Jump to content

Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

bobo18

fire holly warlick

Recommended Posts

And losing 4 conference games in a row should be a redline for any coach that inherited an awesome program like she did.  Bottom line is she can't coach.  I'm just sick and tired of the mediocrity that is accepted at Tennessee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming into those 4 conference losses the Lady Vols were a one loss team.  Seeing how 3 of those 4 conference losses were by a combined 8 points, it's not like the Lady Vols just weren't in the game. They just couldn't close the game, and that's an area where they obvoiusly need to improve. The Alabama game was different, our girls just got outscored in every period. 

It's a bad stretch, that much is certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, well, well, what say you now?  5 in a row!  Probably be 6 after Notre Dame comes calling later this week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone's already agreed something needs to happen. So not sure the need to berate the point. 

Still won't nothing happen until after the season if anything happens. Unless she steps down.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if there was social Media in the 80's

1983-84: 23-10 (NCAA runner up)

1984-85: 22-10 (NCAA regional semifinal)

1985-86: 24-10 (NCAA semifinal)

 

Barely past the semis and lost 10 games each time. Would people have called for her head then? This was back when women's basketball only had a few good teams. Now there's 10 really good teams. The SEC has multiple teams in top 25. Totally different environment than back in the Pats hay day. The sport has evolved. I still think Holly may need to go but fans need to keep everything in perspective. Pat was great but not every year was a national title. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 OK, here you go. I usually don't pull this out for just anybody. For the night is dark, and full of terrors. Without further ado, the Kiss of Death.

"Holly ain't going anywhere!"

It is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce Pearl lost his second consecutive conference game last night. To a 10-8 team that just got blasted by LSU. Guess it's time for him to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's simple no matter what highly recruited players she has had it's the same exact bs. Sure she hasten to the tournament but that's not that hard in women's basketball. You finish decent in the SEC and your in. The other really good teams are Baylor, Notre Dame , Stanford etc. There is just not enough good teams for a teams to keep you out of it 90 percent of the time. She is in way over her head and it's shown year after year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still am not totally sold on the Holly must go arguments. Looking at her record that Rob posted at the beginning of the thread she has proven to me that she sure as hell CAN coach and has the credentials to prove it. In some ways this brings back memories to me of the Fulmer nosedive and his subsequent firing. In hindsight I'd say it's at least debatable as to that being the right move at the time. 

I don't know about being in over her head.  But I do think there are lots of Lady Vol fans out there who are hoping and expecting someone to step in and bring back the Glory Days. There will never be another Pat but if you use her for your benchmark something tells me you're destined for a lot of disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GiveHim6 said:

I still am not totally sold on the Holly must go arguments. Looking at her record that Rob posted at the beginning of the thread she has proven to me that she sure as hell CAN coach and has the credentials to prove it. In some ways this brings back memories to me of the Fulmer nosedive and his subsequent firing. In hindsight I'd say it's at least debatable as to that being the right move at the time. 

I don't know about being in over her head.  But I do think there are lots of Lady Vol fans out there who are hoping and expecting someone to step in and bring back the Glory Days. There will never be another Pat but if you use her for your benchmark something tells me you're destined for a lot of disappointment.

Get out of here with that logical crap! :smiley_crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logic says we just lost 6 in a row for the 1st time ever and 4 in a row at home for the 1st time ever.  We are tied for last in the conference with Vandy and Florida.  Great accomplishments she has managed so far this year.  Well deserving of the $25,000 raise and 3 year extension.  Maybe she should be paid a million a year to get better results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep you're right. Let's just fire her and pay some else half what most of the upper sec coaches make. And expect the better results. 

There's a vol for life Facebook group that believes the same crap. 

Maybe we don't fall into the same category here.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logic is that, like anything else if you're looking to hire a new coach you must pay that which the market will bear. Considering UT's recent history of bargain basement shopping for replacement coaches, it's hard for someone to be confident that the admins are going to suddenly pony up the bucks to attract upper shelf talent. Moreso now, after the deficit announcement from the athletic department. So the unfortunate choices are these:

Keep Holly, and hope for the best, or,

Hire another mid-tier coach, and hope for the best.

If someone is pleased by that cycle, it is they who are content with mediocracy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, okfloray said:

Logic is that, like anything else if you're looking to hire a new coach you must pay that which the market will bear. Considering UT's recent history of bargain basement shopping for replacement coaches, it's hard for someone to be confident that the admins are going to suddenly pony up the bucks to attract upper shelf talent. Moreso now, after the deficit announcement from the athletic department. So the unfortunate choices are these:

Keep Holly, and hope for the best, or,

Hire another mid-tier coach, and hope for the best.

If someone is pleased by that cycle, it is they who are content with mediocracy. 

Now don't you go making sense OKfl...

It is diametrically opposed to the geniuses on social media and Facebook groups. :blahblah1:

:thumb_yello:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RobVol said:

Now don't you go making sense OKfl...

It is diametrically opposed to the geniuses on social media and Facebook groups. :blahblah1:

:thumb_yello:

Don't get used to it... :to_pick_ones_nose3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well last night I watched the game vs. Vandy. That's the first time in a long time I've sat down & really watched them play and I was shocked at how error prone and sloppy they were. Very little teamwork, Outplayed at the low post and on the boards. Holly looked not so much mad as exasperated. Vandy won for the first time in 34 tries at TBA and the loss likely cost the Lady Vols a shot at the women's tournament for the first time ever. Sad.

I have to admit Holly hasn't make a very strong case this year for being there next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vandy won for the first time in 34 tries at TBA and the loss likely cost the Lady Vols a shot at the women's tournament for the first time ever. Sad.

 

:jawdrop:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed GH6. Still, nothing will happen until after the season. I could see her "stepping" down voluntarily/involuntarily regardless, the team looks lost. Fulmer will respect her time and support over the years and will not disgrace her by terming her early. But definite changes or things need to be addressed. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She needs to go period.  This is a disgrace to a once proud program with new 1st ever negative records being broken.  I don't care if she make $600,000 or $6 million, she cannot get the effort out of her players that is required for success.  She is exasperated and I don't think she knows what to do to correct it.  Just watch her during time outs.  Either the players have quit on her or she doesn't have their confidence in her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading some of the opinions, I sure am glad some vol fans aren't the AD. There's more to it than just record shows. 

Fulmer will make the correct call. I sure am glad I don't work for some of you. You act like 20+ years of service isn't worth crap. He's gonna quietly do what needs to be done. There is no changing anything this far into the season. Wait until the season is over then determine best course after evaluation. 

And yes salary does make a difference. Whether you care or not most everyone in the world does. 

You get what you pay for. Holly makes half than what two of the top sec coaches make. HALF!

Want summit performance? get the administration to pay summit money.

Knee jerk reactions is what set Tennessee football back to the dark ages. Glad Fulmer totally understands that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×