Update:

Pick Ems Week 9 has been added. Week 8 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games. XL and Redwood still in the lead

Get your picks in for next week,

bobo18

fire holly warlick

Hmm welcome to the site. That's a pretty jump ship post. Sounds like a "wish everyone was Pat"post.

Pat was a legend. Hard to replace that. It's not PLUG N PLAY. 

women's college basketball doesn't have a plethora of college coaches. There may be two I could think of. Staley and Lawson if she wants to coach. 

Women's college basketball has evolved. With title IX rules and women equality college are giving chances everywhere to succeed. 

There used to be two or three elite teams. Now anyone in the top 20 can win a big one. 

Women's College basketball has changed. I'm not honestly not ready to jump ship on someone with this resume:

COACHING EXPERIENCE

The University of Tennessee 

• Head Coach (April 2012-Present)
  • Associate Head Coach (2005-April 2012)
  • Assistant Coach (1985-2005)
  • The Lady Vols are 984-176 during Warlick's tenure, including 153-54 with her as head coach
  • Her victory total in her first four years as a head coach (108) was the seventh all-time in NCAA Division I women's basketball history
  • She is only the second person in NCAA Division I women's basketball to direct her team to the Elite Eight in three of her first four years as a head coach
  • Led UT to 2015 & 2013 SEC regular season championships
  • Guided Tennessee to 2014 SEC Tournament championship
  • Served on coaching staff for gold-medal-winning 2015 USA Basketball World University Games Team
  • Selected as 2017 Tennessee Woman of Distinction at the 32nd Annual Chattanooga Women of Distinction Awards luncheon
  • Named 2013 Spalding Maggie Dixon Division I Rookie Coach of the Year
  • Named 2013 SEC Coach of the Year
  • Named 2013 TSWA Coach of the Year and Volscars Women's Team Coach of the Year
  • Helped Tennessee capture eight NCAA Championships and attend 16 Final Fours
  • Named 2007 WBCA Assistant Coach of the Year

I'm willing to wait for now. Just my two cents

14 hours ago, RobVol said:

Hmm welcome to the site. That's a pretty jump ship post. Sounds like a "wish everyone was Pat"post.

Pat was a legend. Hard to replace that. It's not PLUG N PLAY. 

women's college basketball doesn't have a plethora of college coaches. There may be two I could think of. Staley and Lawson if she wants to coach. 

Women's college basketball has evolved. With title IX rules and women equality college are giving chances everywhere to succeed. 

There used to be two or three elite teams. Now anyone in the top 20 can win a big one. 

Women's College basketball has changed. I'm not honestly not ready to jump ship on someone with this resume. 

Strangly, for her part, credit Pat Summit for all of that. :Tennrules:

But Holly, she's dug in like a tick. Her and her boss have been knowing each other for a long time. As long as she floors a respectable team, I don't think CHW has anything to worry about. 

:smiley_wtf:   The Kentucky game did disappoint though. 

Wow maybe there's something to the post. Lady Vols looked like crap against Georgia. This keeps up, Fulmer will have to pull the plug. Holly, this last game was crap. I'm almost on the fire Holly bandwagon

Dude I told you, she is terrible!  She is running our program into the ground.  That is 3 conference losses in a row.  I will bet Coach Summitt never lost 3 conference games in a row.  She rarely lost 3 conference games in a season.

I'll wait until the end of the season to make judgment. Pat summit won a national title with 10 losses. We're not Facebook ranters here. We'll wait and analyze before jumping to conclusions

Here's summit's take on that 1986 team that lost three in a row...

Keep everything in perspective:

"It is crucial in the game of basketball to known when to peak," Summitt comments. "I learned my lesson once and for all at the 1986 Final Four in Lexington...

On the day befoe our national semifinal game against Southern California, we practiced in Rupp Arena in front of a huge crowd. This was the first time, in an effort to stir up excitement, that the NCAA opened practices to fans and the press...because of all the people in the stands, I felt like we had to put on a show.

...I knew we had done too much. It was entirely my fault that we came out flat as a board against Southern Cal. We lost, 83-59.

Coach Summitt was a much better coach the Holly.  Holly has no clue why they have lost 3 in a row much less what to do to correct it.  Coach Summitt could get the best out of her players, Holly has no clue.

Trying to be a women's college basketball expert is a push. Have fun. I'm not smart enough to call this. 

Ok I'll call it now. Time to move on. This game was my tipping point. I truly think she's lost this team and they're not being coached properly. Losing to a 9-8 team after three straight losses? Time to look at changes AD Fulmer. Better start looking. Call Kara Lawson. Lol

I have been saying for over a year that she has got to go.  I am sure that Coach Summitt never lost 4 in a row especially conference games.  If she is not fired soon, our program will be like the football program.

Agreed. She won't. She may announce "she's stepping down" at the end of the season but she's not gonna get the ax mid season.

I don't believe that she will voluntarily step down.  She should have already done that after the last couple of seasons.  Then fat Phil gives her a contract extension (for what reason) in the off season.  She has not taken responsibility for this team's lack of performance.

Extension? She's still one of the lowest paid coaches in the SEC. You get what you pay for. Honestly calling Fulmer "fat Phil" is old and a little over the top. He's done a great job so far as AD. Let's let the fat Phil insults rest for now. 

What difference does it make now if Pat never lost 4 in a row? Pat's gone and life and Lady Vol basketball goes on. If you'll only be happy when "fat Phil" hires someone who will be the next Pat then be prepared to be unhappy for a long time.

I don't envy any coach in any sport who has to follow a legend. 

Yes extension. Her contract was set to expire and the end of the 2018-2019 season.  She got a $25,000 raise and contract extension through 2021-2022.  I don't think we will ever see the next "Pat."  But hire a coach that has a clue about how to prepare a team and get the best effort out of them.  I don't believe that she knows what to do to fix it.  Don't you think she knew who she was following and the expectations when she took the job?

You act like Tennessee is getting ripped off. You need to look at salaries. Holly makes 665,000 a year. Dawn Staley makes 1.1 million a year. Want better production? Get Tennessee to pay for better. This isn't about Holly more than it's about the UT administration being cheap ass like always. Pay mid tier salary, get mid tier results. Tennessee football program went way down hill when they went cheap. Now they're paying the highest paid offensive coordinator in the country watch what happens. You can't expect final fours when you're offering NIT money 

She makes $690,000 but you could pay her $2 million a year and she would deliver the same results.  Great pay doesn't always mean great results.  

Glad to you picked on a couple thousand difference. You're just bitching. We get it. We all agree a change is needed. Time to move on. 

Kelly Jolie Harper is only making $230,000................   She sure does a lot with the little she has to work with and she is still young (41) and local (Cookeville).............  Intriguing at the least.  :Laie_31:

Well ye

11 hours ago, bobo18 said:

Don't you think she knew who she was following and the expectations when she took the job?

Well of course she knew who she was following and what she was getting into but what coach in their right mind if given the chance would've turned down the job? BTW, wasn't Holly the coach Pat wanted to succeed her? Most everyone was at least OK with that at the time. And if she is let go any new coach coming in has to know they will still be compared to Pat in the minds of some fans. So if losing 2 or more consecutive games is a red line for Holly will it also be a red line for whoever comes in next?

• Upvote 1