Countdown To Christmas!

RobVol

Interesting Jalen Hurd article.

At the Outback Bowl I thought running Hurd out of the I set looked better than out of spread option inverted veer ever did. It was just snappy, and why Jones ever decided to abandon I formation afterward never made sense to me. Anyway, he did. And looking back I think it was the beginning of the end of his, and Hurds time at Tennessee.

Both of them tended to make selfish decisions after that though. No slanted article will ever change my mind about that. 

I agree. I guess though when the news broke, a lot of us fans had a biased opinion thinking about this being all about Jalen being at fault. In retrospect, and seeing what butch Jones was all about, I'd say it was fifty fifty. The whole lying about injuries stuff is something we accused butch Jones of last year. Remember the other kid with a concussion fiasco? Butch Jones was toxic. So glad he's gone. 

18 hours ago, RobVol said:

In retrospect, and seeing what butch Jones was all about, 

Butch Jones was toxic. So glad he's gone. 

Yes, and manifesting itself over the last couple years, it appears that many of our upperclassmen might be regretful that they ever came to play for BJ. 

I expect more transfers ect. soon. CJP needs to chop off some dead wood. If guys are underperforming or not bought in for this kind of reason, we're better off without them.

It's understandable, being dissapointed. I get it. Just better all around to part ways if they can't get over it.

The sooner, the better.  

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 8:40 AM, RobVol said:

I agree. I guess though when the news broke, a lot of us fans had a biased opinion thinking about this being all about Jalen being at fault. In retrospect, and seeing what butch Jones was all about, I'd say it was fifty fifty. The whole lying about injuries stuff is something we accused butch Jones of last year. Remember the other kid with a concussion fiasco? Butch Jones was toxic. So glad he's gone. 

It was all Butch. The guy was a class A a-hole.