Countdown To Christmas!

TecVol

Quarterback Will McBride announces transfer from UT Vols football

Tennessee quarterback Will McBride will transfer from the program after two years in Knoxville.

The soon-to-be sophomore quarterback announced his decision on Twitter ate Wednesday night.
Tennessee quarterback Will McBride during football practice at Haslam Field on Aug. 9.
Saul Young/News Sentinel,

"I've decided it's best for me to transfer from the University of Tennessee," McBride wrote. "I've learned a lot in the two years I've spent in Knoxville. I will always appreciate the memories I made and the relationships I built. Tennessee is a special place with special people. With that being said, I'm looking forward to furthering my academic/football career at another school."

So do I. There is a true transformation happening to Tennessee and in the end it will be for the best. I hope Will finds success. He just isn't the mold of QB that Pruitt is looking for. With JT and Mauer and word maybe of Bailey coming in there just isn't room for a shorter spread running type of QB. That is not what Pruit wants.

Other than Jones just being a dumbass I wondered what the reasons were for him to recruit this guy in the first place. I don't remember McBride being advertised as an option QB. 

He seems like a good kid tho. I seen him play a time or two, looked alright, good arm. I think he'll make a roster somewhere else. 

I think Debord wanted him. He's the one who visited him. Interesting thing though, did you know the guy seems to change his mind allot. Before committing to Tennessee he'd already decommited from not one but two other teams he committed to. Him staying as long as he did is surprising actually based on his track record. Someone between Jones and Debord sold him a bill of goods. Once Pruitt came in and they got Strout and now Bailey committed and saw how Pruitt does things, he saw the writing on the wall. 

I hope he isn't the next QB that leaves Tennessee and becomes successful. But I wish the best for the young man.