3     Notre Dame     12-0  
4     Georgia     11-1    
5     Oklahoma     11-1    
6     Ohio State     11-1   
7     Michigan     10-2    
8     UCF     11-0   
9     Florida     9-3   
10     LSU     9-3    

Anyone seeing last week chaos? I think there will be some. So think about this. What happens if Texas upsets Oklahoma. They already beat them so it is hard to do twice but still if they do, Ohio State gets upset by Northwestern and say Alabama destroys Georgia? 

Should at that point UCF get in? I know they haven't played anyone. They lost their starting QB but still should a 2 loss team get in over them? Where do you draw the line? Imagine this what if Pitt somehow pulled the whammy on Clemson? They have done it in the past so keep that in mind. So what if any upsets do any of you see this weekend? Anyone honestly give Georgia a chance in the SEC title game?

They were supposed to play North Carolina but postponed due to hurricane

If UCF wants to claim the national championship by going undefeated they should share it with Princeton. They went 10-0 in the Ivy league for their first perfect season since 1964.

My dawg friend assured me that this is a grudge and revenge game for them but you can't play 60 minutes on emotion alone. No turnovers, win the line of scrimmage, a consistent ground attack and at least stay close till the 4th & they might have a chance. 

Good luck with that! :dancing_banana:

I wonder how many games in a row UCF has to win ?  They beat Pitt and a ranked Cincinnati.  Not their fault the hurricane canceled the NC game.  The rest are conference games that they had to play/  I know,not exactly murderers row but its hard to get into a power 5 conference and a lot of the big teams do not want to play them.  Are they the best team?  Probably not but they should at least get a chance to prove it.

Not to stir the pot but they beat Auburn in the bowl game last year during their winning streak

The committee will use th fact that Milton (QB) is out as an excuse to keep them out.  Not that they were letting them in anyways, just now they have an excuse.

Isn't there a 12 game requirement?

Seems like that was the issue a few yrs ago when the Florida/LSU game was cancelled?

And Memphis has a potent offense. Without their star QB if it gets into a shootout UCF could come out on the short end.

Per SBNation.

Though hurricanes’ intersection with college football season brings up far more serious issues than this, it is likely to alter the postseason outlook for at least a few teams. The NCAA’s eligibility requirements for bowl games don’t have exceptions for canceled games, so teams on the fringes that only play 11 games might miss the postseason as a result.

That was their closest game this year, a 31-30 comeback win. 

I have no problem with the final 4. I still think not playing a conference championship game like Notre Dame does is unfair. Clemson should beat them down. Ohio State or even Georgia would have been a better matchup but I get it. 

I noticed right after losing to Bama Smart was still chirping about how the dawgs should still be in the final 4. Sorry dude, you had your chance. There's naturally been some second guessing on the fake punt but I don't think it was a terrible decision. More of a case of bad execution. From what I read it was supposed to be a pass play but it took longer to snap the ball than it should. Bama saw the formation they were in and the bammer coaches were screaming on the sidelines to watch out for the fake and they were able to adjust before the snap.

I guess if you went by the book they should've just punted & tried to pin bama back but instead they gave them a short field for the winning TD drive. But there's no guarantee bama wouldn't have gone all the way down the field anyway the way Hurts & the offense was clicking. There were still 3 minutes to go and bama had all 3 of their TOs left so who can say.

And Urbie was crying to the press too. They probably deserve it more than ND and I agree would be a better matchup for Clemson. UCF had 0 wins against currently ranked opponents and their strength of schedule is ranked 104th so they get a nice New Year's 6 bowl. 

I still think even if they eventually go to a 6 or 8 team format somebody's still gonna holler about being left out.

I still say UCF should have got in.  You have got to play your conference schedule and right now the power conferences are not letting anyone in.  Don't know why, Orlando is a big TV market and last I heard UCF is the second largest college in the US.  Their non conference did include a couple of gimmes, FAU and SCSU, but they did schedule UNC and Pitt.  They beat Pitt (ACC division champ) by a LOT more than Notre Dame did. Heck, Clemson only beat Pitt by 1 more point than UCF did.  The hurricane took out the UNC game.  And Cincy was ranked when they played and finished 10-2.  Just my 2 cents.