RobVol

AP Top 25 is out

Guys.   Not making excuses but 3 of our 5 loses are against top 7 teams and 4 of 5 against top 15 teams.  I suspect that we are a lot better than we think...................  :tennessee:

I agree completely. I’m still dumbfounded about the Charlotte game. Hopefully CJP was just hiding his cards before wrapping up the regular season. It’s hard to believe that the Vols could play as well as they did at Auburn and at home against Kentucky and have such a poor showing against Charlotte. I call shenanigans. In any case, I think our boys are finally on the right track! 

Yeah, what he said. :thumb_yello:

...and 2 of our 5 wins were against top 15 teams at the time.

Everybody I know in Bammerland tells me what a great coach we've got. Can't argue with them at this point.

Yep. Two weeks ago they were talking SEC championship game. Last week they were talking New Year's 6 bowl. This week they are talking what's wrong with the basketball team. :blahblah1:

Kentucky seems to tank every year. Looks like it again. 

Still, great win for Tennessee. Really surprised in UK and they're still in the top 25 still though. 

It seems every year we go through this though. Kentucky starts out strong and tanks in October/November, That lasted a little be longer this year but still they seem to do this after getting people excited. I was just looking through this ranking and just saw Utah State? Where did THAT come from? They were one of the worst in CFB back when Jones and the Vols played them in like 2013. Wow someone coached that team up. 

UCF while they haven't really played anyone still has beaten who was in front of them. No offense and I don't see them better than the top 5 or 6 teams but I would bet they would keep up with Washington State and LSU. Placing a two loss team ahead of them even though they are an SEC team seems a little biased in my opinion. Remember this same team beat a Auburn team in a bowl game last year that beat UGA and Bama. I don't think they should be in the playoff but still a little higher than where they are.