Sign in to follow this  
RockyTopTN

Pruitt: Tennessee would ‘absolutely’ accept bowl bid at 5-7

So what do you all think about this? If all it would be for is more practice then I am all for it but I tell you looking bad if they lose would halt any momentum going into the off season and could impact recruiting.

read more below:

“Yeah, absolutely,” was Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt’s response when asked if Tennessee would accept a bowl bid if they finish the season at 5-7.

“We’d love to play as many games as we could,” Pruitt said on Wednesday. “In the spring, I wish we could’ve had 45 practices instead of 15. We need all the practice we can get.”

With nearly 40 bowl games on the slate now, 5-7 teams have been filling out the bowl schedule for the past few years after a rule change in 2015. Those teams are chosen by Academic Progress Rates (APR). The highest scores are rewarded with bowl invitations, despite not getting to six wins on the season.

Tennessee (4-5) would have to find a way to win two of their next three games — Kentucky, Missouri and at Vanderbilt — to get eligible for a bowl the old fashioned way. That’s obviously the ultimate goal here, but Pruitt will take the extra work any way he can get it. As he said, Tennessee needs all the practice they can get.

You can read more here if you want. I was just curious what everyone's though on this was.

WWW.ROCKYTOPTALK.COM

Pruitt wants those extra practices.