RobVol

What would you say is the strongest position for the Vols?

I am going to go back to what I said at the beginning of the season. WRs is the strongest position. I am not doubting on Pruitt and I know he is old school. Still, the WR position with Calloway, Jennings and Palmer is the strongest or one of the strongest. This is why I feel JG or Chryst need to be used in a different way. I remember the days back in the early 90's when 5 yard quick outs were turned into big plays by guys like Pickens, Morgan, Harper, Fleming, Shuler(Benji_ and Faulkner.They could take a 5 yard out and make it huge. This WR group has that potential. I think Chryst can read that better at this point. I get the whole "JG needs time and we don't need to play a senior leaving after this season" mentality. I get it. But if they want to make a bowl game we need someone who can get the ball out to these guys. I truly believe they are the strongest link if used correctly on the team.

Just my thoughts for the night :cool:

These WR's match up against just about any team in the country in my opinion.  With a little better O-Line/QB play we would see just how good they are.  The only thing really missing is the world class speed Willie Gault/Anthony Hancock type.

The thing I like is they know how to catch the ball at the high point. They are terrific. Truly if you shorten the routes and release the ball quicker I think they could really impact the offense. I see these guys as YAC beasts if used correctly.

Nothing this past Saturday changed my mind. Still think quicker release of the ball and better reads n formations getting the WRs out in areas to make plays is where it's at.