LCountyVol

Jeremy Pruitt should stop coaching Vols like they are Alabama

Interesting take....

Thoughts?

ALLFORTENNESSEE.COM

Tennessee football head coach Jeremy Pruitt has treated the Volunteers like his previous Alabama Crimson Tide teams. He needs to stop. Jonathan Allen is no...
Read more  

Not sure I agree with this. He has to start somewhere. Changing now is not the method to use. Already through 5 games into the season. He is building mentality and structure for what he wants to run. Waiting UNTIL he gets the players he wants and THEN changing the scheme sounds a little ass backwards to me.

Just my two cents :2cents:

Pruitt is not trying to make Tennessee, Alabama, What he is trying to do is change the culture and the mentality. You have to change that while in transition into the the players you want. You cannot just open it up all over and go desperate for a few wins if it delays the process. Fulmer and Pruitt have said this is not a quick fix and this is a process. They are getting the players good enough to handle the change ready as they move in new players through recruits to match their style. I don't agree with this article

Maybe if he coaches them like they are Alabama they’ll win like they are Alabama. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Skyking said:

Maybe if he coaches them like they are Alabama they’ll win like they are Alabama. 

:thumb_yello: Exactly

Oh boy, another journalism major. And according to his page a UT Expert, no less.

Content Warning...

Just say I took a fully loaded pistol, a 40 glock, and held it up to your head.

Bad feeling, right? So now I took half the bullets out, and held it up to your head again. How much better do you feel about it now? That's kinda like what this guy is saying. Not really, but as we all know, and what the damn point is, some things just can't be halfway fixed. 

Maybe there's a reason CJP is repping and playing so many freshmen. There's going to be more this week. Maybe that says something about our upperclassmen. If so that's not JP's fault. But I don't think so, not entirely. I've about decided the best thing the Vols have going for them is the future. Oh yeah, and the by week.