Pick Ems is BACK. We are BETA Testing right now. Read the topic: Click the link below

Pick Em BETA testing

RobVol

Something to stew on

For all the people talking about Fulmer being terrible after winning the national title. Fulmer went somewhere around 85-41 from 2009 until fired. (I was one of the  bitching folks) he won the SEC East in 2001,2004,2007.

I'm pulling this from memory so maybe not exact. NOW, since then Tennessee has went from 2009 until 2017 around what? Around 50% percent of that? No SEC East divisions and went o'fer in the SEC last year. Which NEVER HAS HAPPENED. 

You know that saying "be careful what you wish for"?. Yeah, I get it now. We're suffering the Fulmbino curse. 

Ugh........

I've been saying this since about 2012. Firing Phil was a big boo-boo, and we've paid the price ever since, all under the premise of "the fans deserve more".  Kiffen, Dooley, Jones...a parade of clowns who've done nothing but help the program to this horrible point, is certainly not the fans deserve...

I was the same. I unfortunately was also calling for his head. Reality is that the game was actually starting to pass him by but the way in which we sent him packing brought this curse upon us. Hopefully with him back, it will be lifted.

I used to think it passed him by too but in retrospect not sure. I mean he won over 30+ more games than the other three coaches over the same span of time. Plus looking back and see what Dave Clawson has done as a head coach a terrible schools I think I would like to go back and that offense if we as a fan-base would have been patient. Remember, Tajh Boyd was coming the next year and fit his offense terrifically where as Crompton didn't and then Kiffin didnt want Boyd. I think Fulmer was trying to get into that type of offense before it even got popular. Plus one year removed from winning the SEC East. Hey hind sight is 20/20. We cannot put the crap back into the horse so we have to move on obviously but still, it is painful to watch this rebuilding effort.