LCountyVol

WIll the Vols win an SEC game this season?

Troubling article..... but could be very true.

Thoughts?

Maybe Missouri? Vandy?

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Tennessee has lost 10 consecutive SEC games. These (gulp) are the next 4: at Georgia, at Auburn, vs. Alabama and at South Carolina.

AYFKM? They'll be lucky to beat Charlotte in a couple months...I dont see us winning any more games this year regardless of the opponent. Not being negative, just being real. 

This is a rebuilding year. We need to get the BJ funk off this team. I give Pruitt 3 years. One struggle year, One mediocre 7-6 kind of year and by year 3 10 wins. I think he just needs time. Pruitt has earned that, Dooley and Jones were mediocre hires. Pruitt is an up and coming. Give him time

Rebuilding year, in it's general context, isn't nearly descriptive though. The Vols aren't replacing 8 or 9 grads with 8 or 9 underclassmen that have been in the system for a couple years. Things being as they are, we don't even have a system yet. We don't even have an identity, nobody knows what to expect. That alone is going to take a couple years.

Instead of rebuilding, I'm going to say restoring. And all things considered, it's going to take 5-6 years to go from the cellar we find ourselves in now, to something that resembles elite status in the confrence. Alabama, Georgia, and LSU are not going to sit back and relax while we go through some meteoric transition. BJ underestimated by saying don't worry about those guys, worry about ourselves. Those guys are who's going to be bloodying our noses, and they're not going to make it easy for us.

And that's saying nothing about internal issues that CJP and CPF have to overcome, that I cannot speak knowlegeably of, but am certain have not simply buried their ugly heads and ceased to be. And as if that wasn't enough, there is an enormous fan base that is frustrated, and rapidly growing weary of continuing to support underachieving football coaches and teams. 

I get the feeling that CJP will one day be an excellent head football coach. But right now, if I want to be honest there just isn't anything I can point to that backs that up. There just isn't enough information to make any kind of determination. CJP has made all the right kind of moves, unfortunately he'll never be any better than the support he recieves.  

He's doing the right kind of things I think, playing his freshmen for example. In my opinion the best way to start is to begin, so if he's going to install his system I can't think of any good reason to hesitate. Jeremy Pruitt has his work cut out for him, and I don't envy him for it. Personally I'm going to need something to believe in before I buy in, right now I'm undecided. A couple more years, a degree of measurable's one way or the other. Hopefully we don't end up right back where we started. Again...

I'm hoping we get at least one. Have no idea who'd that be against unless we get our collective shit together. It is not looking good though.

Think they win one, maybe two SEC games. I thought yesterday some of the players who had been under the coaching of the last regime, like Warrior and Sapp, looked like they were really into it. Looked to me like they really brought it yesterday.