RobVol

Tennessee Georgia game - So how do you see this going down?

Vols - Dawgs  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the outcome this Saturday in the UT - UGA game?

• UGA pulls out another hob nail boot wins by 20+ points
    • UGA wins a tight game
    • Vols upset the Dawgs
    • Vols believe in miracles and win by big margin and make someone in Vegas rich

image.png

OK folks so we have licked our wounds and we know now what we can expect. Do you see any changes coming from Pruitt for this weekend? I think we may see some changes among starters and impact players. I am very disappointed as any Vol fan is right now. The Vols still have to line it up and play the games. This stretch of the schedule is BRUTAL with UGA, Auburn and then Bama...

It looks like it will get worse before it gets better. Like I said on the podcast this weekend, Pruitt and staff will need to break this thing down and rebuild the right way. Need the purging to happen and maybe this will mean a struggling season. At this point I say open up all positions and let the players with the most heart hit the field. You know UGA is chomping at the bit to lay a good smack-down on the Vols again. I just don't see any upsides for the Vols this Saturday. So it will be interesting to see how Pruitt and staff respond this Saturday. Like I have always said a loss is bad but i can deal with it when I see effort and execution. This past Saturday I saw none of that. I am hoping to see some improvement. Do I think the Vols win? Ummmm No. I think we know as fans what we got ahead of us now. I still wanna see some improvement this weekend. You can tell a lot about a team in how they respond to adversity. This weekend will be a HUGE barometer.

I might get ugly but still the Vols and you gotta love em!

Thoughts on this weekend? Anything you wanna see this Saturday out of this game?

Sorry folks this one might get really ugly. I say throw everything out and start over. Let everyone compete for starting jobs. Lets see who has the heart and can stand strong. I want a team of heart and effort. If the season is gonna be like this and it looks like it might get bad, lets see what we have with these younger guys.

I watched a little of their game with Mizzou. From what I saw I was impressed with how the Tigers OL went toe-to-toe with them on the line, did a decent job of blocking, showed good teamwork and opened some holes. If the Vols could get that kind of effort out of their line I'd give them a chance to keep it close but from the keystone kops show they put on against the gators I'm not expecting it.

I'm with you Rob, I don't expect miracles this year but at some point it would be nice to see some progress to at least give us hope that things will get turned around eventually. But not this week. Kirby can probably name his score.

• Upvote 1

The one thing I keep looking at and drives me crazy is how overrated the recruiting classes under BJ were. Also surprised in the UTEP and Florida games. When you look at it this is purely an execution issue. There is better development when you look at the box score for these players this year. Over 500 yards or total offense against UTEP but then you only score 24 then you hang with Florida and are only outgained by a few yards but commit 6 turnovers? This is baffling. I don't think Tennessee is as bad as the Florida score indicates but still this Georgia game could get ugly. Opening line over 30 points favors UGA. Wow that is a huge opening line number, I think Tennessee keeps it somewhat close but UGA wins in the 4th going away 

I have no faith at all in this team.  I just hope we can beat that new college "Bye Week".  

I heard Bye week was pretty tough. They beat the Texas State fighting Armadillos :bouncesmile:

image.png

I see a rout by Georgia. There may be some "retirees" at halftime like the clown in the NFL.  I just want to see some passion but this stretch of games the next few weeks could be demoralizing to psyche.

It’s gonna be a long, long game.