Countdown To Christmas!

RobVol

5 reasons Tennessee can win Saturday

Capture.PNG

5 things that could help Tennessee win Saturday:

1. It's a home game
  2. Offense has eased JG into the transition. Seems to be settling in
  3. Tennessee's running game is better, Gators lost their best back Dixon to a broken foot.
  4. Motivation is on Tennessee's side. Pruitt and his staff I think had this game penciled in to see where this team is. Look for a strong performance.
  5. The team is celebrating the 1998 National title team. Who wants to embarrass that recognition?

Think if any others that might be a key for a Big Orange win?

Yeah, the defense. They shut UTEP out. OK, it was UTEP, I know. But not only did the Big Orange defense shut them out, they held UTEP to less than 135 yds total, only converted 3 first downs, and UTEP' s offense never crossed the UT 35 yd line.

Now, somebody could say that's what the Vols defense should have done. That's right, but how many times recently have teams like UTEP came into Neyland Stadium and kept a game close in the 4th qtr? UT's defense was so in control of the game that the offense only attempted to pass 9 times in the entire  second half. When CJP could have aired it out and ran the score up, instead he called plays that shortened the game, maintained ball control, and practiced the weaker elements of the offense.

Our offense is coming around, but the  defense is ahead of the offense. They're already playing good enough to win.

Florida's going to have a hard time scoring.

Having a good game plan would of been a good idea.  Now that I think about it, we've been saying that same shit for 10 years!!! 

I'll give it another year but this getting blown crap is getting old. Look, we all new Pruitt had his hands full. No one expected national titles the first year. Still, it's not the losing its the WAY the Vols lose. It's always ugly. We cannot even defend them anymore in sports conversations....?

After camps, practices, scrimmages, and more. This team has a rough schedule and we all knew wouldn't have a great season but to lose the way we lose is just embarrassing. We looked like a bunch of people came out of the stands, suited up and played. There is no excuse for that even if the players have a new coach. You're wearing Orange and White and you better play like you deserve it.

OK, well damn. 

The defense didn't lose this ball game. Except for 3 possesions, (one of only 1 play) and when the offense put the defense in a bad position, the Vols defense was able to stop Florida. The Gators actually punted 6 times, that's only 1 time less than ETSU.

The game just got out of hand early, too much to overcome.

Then the bench got desperate. The 4th down calls didn't really bother me. But the onside kick attempt was a weak-ass playcall. One surrounded Florida player had a chance to catch the ball, and nobody tried to interfere. 

12 hours ago, Ozonedrifter said:

I now know what its like to be a Vandy fan. It'll be a miracle if we win another 3 games this season. :wtf:

OUCH :ranting::lightonfire: