RobVol

Key areas the Vols need to get better in against Florida?

Here are some areas I think the Vols need to definitely improve in if they have a chance against Florida this Saturday:

1. Improve the Pass Rush - There has not been a strong presence along the D Line in the first 3 games in my opinion. Get some stunts and maybe some LB blitzes to apply some pressure.
  2. Reduce the mental errors - While the Vols put up 500 yards of total offense last weekend, they only could muster 24 points. Much was caused by unforced mental errors. Got to get that in check
  3. Better Offensive Line Run Blocking - JG hasn't been sacked much but the run blocking has not been physical enough outside of T. Smith.
  4. Get WRs more involved - Whether it be Jet sweeps, quick hitches to start out get Jennings, Palmer and Calloway engaged early. Short hitches will build JGs confidence and also pull the secondary up on the quick passes and open up possible bigger plays downfield.

Anyone got anymore? I think these are the biggest ones

SPECIAL TEAMS.  Seriously need a more aggressive punt returner.  Really miss Evan Berry and Cam Sutton.  Marquez Calloway is very tentative back there for some reason and it has hurt us on occasion.  :tennessee:

True dat.

This game always drives me crazy. Living Florida my hatred for the gators is all powerful

Defensive alignments. The Vols tend to leave huge portions of the field open, leading to big plays by the opposing offense. 

On 9/21/2018 at 4:00 PM, okfloray said:

Defensive alignments. The Vols tend to leave huge portions of the field open, leading to big plays by the opposing offense. 

For example, Florida's 4th qtr 1 play TD.