Update:

Pick Ems Week 8 has been added. Week 7 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

RaleighGator

Back for my annual week...

As you may know, I'm not a big trash talker when it comes to this game. And since both teams are in a similar place, you definitely won't hear me pronouncing "we're back" or anything of the like. 

I do think Mullen is a massive upgrade for us over Mac and I think the same with Pruitt vs Jones. Pruitt is a good recruiter and having the Saban experience didn't hurt him. 

I have no idea what will happen in this game. Both teams are 2-1. Both teams have played 2 teams that are not great and have looked good at times and looked bad at times. And both have a loss to an opponent that's better. I think many expected WVU to beat Tennessee, but we didn't think we'd lose to Kentucky. But when you don't have great line play and the other team does, they often win. Kentucky was the better team that day and they may prove to be better at season's end. There is a long way to go. 

Here's to a fun week of talk and to hoping that both teams come out relatively unscathed. I think both of these teams are playing for third in the SEC East this year, unless I'm missing something. LOL!

Welcome Back RG! Totally agree with your assessment. Still I love to see the Gators lose so I am hoping this weekend, but still thanks for coming by. :thumb_yello:

Ha, I'm sure you do, RobVol. That's what every Vol wants and vice versa for the Gators. I'm just not expecting a great brand of football this weekend, unfortunately. Maybe 1 or both teams will prove me wrong. We'll see. 

You know it is times like this when you never know they both might come out and have a heck of a game. I think Pruitt knows this game could very well show the direction this team is moving towards. Florida played a good KY team so I am not so sure KY is that bad and Florida isn't better than what they showed. I think Dan Mullen is a good coach and will have them coached up. I think there is way to many unknowns to predict it this year

17 minutes ago, RobVol said:

You know it is times like this when you never know they both might come out and have a heck of a game. I think Pruitt knows this game could very well show the direction this team is moving towards. Florida played a good KY team so I am not so sure KY is that bad and Florida isn't better than what they showed. I think Dan Mullen is a good coach and will have them coached up. I think there is way to many unknowns to predict it this year

Agreed. There are way too many unknowns for me to accurately predict, and that's the honest truth. I have no idea what will happen in this game. 

3 hours ago, okfloray said:

I think it will be a closely played game for 4 qtrs, and the last team to score wins. 

Wow astute observation there OK FL :laughing1:

I still have no read or prediction for this game. Both teams need this win bad. Tennessee has a gauntlet after this game, but Florida's road isn't easy, either. 

We have @ #14 MSU.

#6 LSU @ home.

@ Vandy (not a pushover)

#2 Georgia in Jax

Mizzou @ home (Drew Lock is no joke). 

If we lose to Tennessee, there is 1 win, maybe 2 if we're lucky down that stretch. 

59 minutes ago, okfloray said:

:tongue1:

I'm trying not to overwhelm anybody...

Come on man do a little of that OKFL old school talking you used to do.. :bouncesmile::laughing1:

3 hours ago, RobVol said:

Come on man do a little of that OKFL old school talking you used to do.. :bouncesmile::laughing1:

:icon_smile_big: Them T-Bonic's..?

It's been a long spell cents I did that kinda thang. It's more difrecult   theeze days, that dadgum spellchecks iz perplexin' me sum. :smiley_dizzy:

Butt I dun yestiddy manuged t'find it, so I says huh :dancing_banana:,an dusted-off that ol' hillbilly keysboard. And a-looky heer, y'all is in fer it now. 

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

• Upvote 1

Love it! No one could break down a game but say nothing I could understand better than you. Classic! LOL

Well, it wasn't pretty. We still have a ways to go on offense, but our defense was opportunistic. And yes, I know, 6 turnovers is a lot. But the Gators did play some great D on some of those turnovers and actually forced them. But it's apparent that Tennessee has a ways to go and Pruitt has to get his players to unlearn the Butch from these guys. It'll take time, but new coaches generally have to do that. I'm not going to belabor this, because you all don't give a crap about what I have to say. Good luck the rest of the way and we'll see you next year in Gainesville. Take care. 

Yeah the Vols just stank it up Saturday. I thought the game would be close and maybe a tight tough battle. Apparently Pruitt has his work cut out for him. Gators laid a butt kicking on us. That is all that can be said. And I agree the players need to unlearn Lyle's crap. The mentality needs to change and Pruitt pretty much alluded to that. He said he was looking for fight in the eyes of his players. Those are the ones who will get chances to play. There is some prima donnas still around the program. They need to be benched or move on

Good luck the rest of the way. We have a pretty tough set of games coming up with Georgia, Auburn and then oh yeah Bama. Ughhhh it could get ugly.