Skyking

Nike

I think most people capable of critical thinking are aware that the majority of law enforcement officers and officials are motivated by professionalism and dedication to making a positive difference, or at least hope they are. Which makes it even sadder that the rotten apples get the headlines.  I don't consider CK a hero or a traitor. More along the lines of the lunch counter protesters or freedom riders of days gone by. They didn't consider themselves heroes, just people who had had enough and had the guts to call attention to a problem that many Americans at the time didn't care about and were quite happy to ignore. Because it didn't affect them personally.

It's true injustice and police brutality have and probably always will exist to some extent. But it doesn't mean those who are victims or perceived as potential threats because of their race have to take it without complaint because those guilty of abuse of authority are in the minority. Time will tell if anything positive comes of CK's act but sometimes you have to shake things up to make a real difference. Just ask the people who had their bus burned in Alabama.

• Like 1

I think though he could find a better way. Hold meetings or create a NFL players group that builds awareness to Police Issues, or let the NFL get off their hypocritical stance on what players can wear. How about a helmet sticker symbol supporting groups against police violence or anything. I still just think the venue is wrong. Nothing wrong with awareness. Just don't agree with the timing of it. I also disagree with Nike on this. Just like I cannot stand Hollywood actors commenting on politics and think they should stick to acting, I think Nike should stick to making athletic apparel. Stay out of the morality and politics agenda.

I will be honest. I don't like it and don't agree with the stage he uses to do this. My biggest thing is people are saying it his freedom of speech. Honestly, if I go and post I love hate groups and I love nazis, I am gonna get a pink slip from my job. Because you cannot do what you want when it comes to your job and what you do when you are on the job. He WORKS for his team and gets paid. 

Keep this crap out the NFL and do it on his time. I do agree with his RIGHT to have an opinion though and want to fight injustice. 

undefined