RobVol

Tennessee 59 ETSU 3

image.png

Nice win and a nice way to build on to something. There is many concerns though folks. Offensive line is well....... "Offensive" and JG showed in this game why many of us think he needs some work. Still you cannot complain too much. A win is a win.

Plus the gators lost so how can we be to upset? :bouncesmile:

So Tennessee has another scrimmage before they play Florida. There is much work to do. Still I am hoping after scrimmage number two they can compete in Knoxville against Florida. Should be interesting

Horrible sportsmanship from UT fans! I can’t believe stuff was being thrown on the field at ETSU players during a ballgame and no penalty was thrown!  After 3 warnings from the announcer, the fans continued this. This is very immature and it’s unbelievable to me, that this was overlooked by officials and UT athletics!

I like the way our offense looks with Chryst behind center.  O line still got a lot to learn but to me everything from handoffs, to dropping back to reading the defense all looks better with Chryst.  He throws a good ball as well so not sure why he isn’t the man.  Yeah we were playing a high school but compared to garantano he looked more in control and commanding of the offense 

Lots of people are saying it's stupid to say chryst is better. I agree though. It's not that he was only 3-3 in limited action. It's how the precision coming out of the huddle and how he ran things. I kinda of agree about chryst but I'm not gonna take anything away from JG. He's done better than I thought he would. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. This will play out. 

Student section throwing crap on the field ticked me off. This ain't the swamp. Vol students act like you got some sense

We left in the 3rd quarter. It was starting to look too much like practice. 

The good thing about this game is, the Vols should have won big and did. I got so tired of seeing these early season cupcakes hang around late in the game, and the Vols having to struggle to win a game that should have been a blow-out.

The bad thing is, it doesn't prove a thing. UTEP should be a somewhat more considerable opponent, I think so anyway. So then we might be able to gauge improvement. But we still won't know how good we are until the Florida game.

People in social media are arguing about the reason people were throwing crap on the field. Frankly I don't care why, who or what for, the bottom line is it was classless and stupid. Almost caused a penalty. The student sections need some control added in that area of the stadium.

As for Chryst. I am not a coach nor do I think I know more than the staff so I will agree with them if they want JG in the game. Still, I see what some are saying about Chryst. He seems natural in his role. JG almost seems jittery sometimes. Maybe that is because he is still getting to know his role, JG has done better than I thought he would though. Only time will tell.