RobVol

Biggest issue that needs addressed

Biggest thing to address  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think after week 1 is the biggest thing the Vols need to address?

• Secondary
    • Linebackers
    • Defensive Line
    • Offensive Line
    • Backfield
    • Special Teams

image.png

Just throwing this poll up. So after watching game 1 what do you feel is the biggest concern for the Vols to address in the next game? I am going with secondary. I truly felt their breakdowns in coverage was the biggest issue. Also really no pressure from the D line.

Thoughts?

I'll say D-line needs to be addressed. Unless they can be more disruptive, any QB can find somebody to throw to if they have time to look around. I seen the Vols run stunts a couple times Saturday and both times the down lineman got knocked backwards, interfering with the stunt.

WV's offensive line had a good day blocking our guys. I'm still waiting to see Kongbo do something, Alexis Johnson might be our best D-lineman.

I said D line as well. I'm not crazy about the O line play either. It was sad to see the Vols get pushed around at the LOS and they haven't even seen the likes of Georgia or Bama yet. Unless or until they can get some guys who can control the trenches don't expect much else to go right.

If I were CJP, my head would be spinning. The secondary was not covering, the D line wasn't getting any penetration and the O line (especially the center) couldn't handle a less than stellar WV defensive line. I'm not, or have ever been a big fan of JG, but considering the lack of protection he had all evening, I thought he performed as good as anyone could expect. :4_6_2v[1]:

Yeah, we suck.:faint:

The Vols were the only SEC team to lose the opening game. As it ended up, they were also the only SEC team to be overmatched in their opening game.

That's not a good thing, but I'm not out on the ledge just yet.  

We have two easy(?) games coming up, and three weeks of practice before Florida. 

Then we'll see. 

Got to go with D-Line.  Pressure should come from up front, not in the back.  The more pressure on the Qb, the easier the job is for the secondary, and they're going to need the help this season