RobVol

Jeremy Pruitt updates status of top 2018 signee JJ Peterson

Dk6q_Q_U4AEMKEd.jpg

As the Tennessee Volunteers prepare for their Week 1 matchup against West Virginia in Charlotte, there’s one noticeable absence at fall camp.

That absence is 4-star 2018 LB JJ Peterson, who signed with the Vols as part of their 2018 class, but has yet to arrive on campus in Knoxville.

Following Saturday’s scrimmage, Pruitt updated Peterson’s status, saying he thinks the talented linebacker will arrive son, right after he finishes up a class

“He’s finishing up a class, and when he gets the class finished up, he’ll be here,” Pruitt said after Saturday’s scrimmage. “Would we have liked it to been last week? Absolutely. But that’s part of it. You’ve got to do it, and he’s working hard to do that.”

At this point, it’ll be tough for Peterson to get up to speed by the start of the season, but the Vols could choose to slow-play things with the talented linebacker.

If JJ actually shows up I see him being redshirted this year. With the rule change he might get in some games later in the season, and he might have been RS anyway. 

2 hours ago, okfloray said:

If JJ actually shows up I see him being redshirted this year. With the rule change he might get in some games later in the season, and he might have been RS anyway. 

That is a very strong possibility. I could see that