Pick Ems Week 4 has been added. Week 3 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Get your picks in for next week,

TecVol

Ohio State Puts Urban Meyer on Paid Administrative Leave

Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer has been put on paid administrative leave while the university investigates whether he knew about domestic violence allegations against former assistant coach Zach Smith, the university announced.

Offensive coordinator Ryan Day will act as head coach during the investigation.

More:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/08/01/urban-meyer-administrative-leave-investigation-ohio-state

Maybe in the investigation will uncover some of the stuff that went on at UF back when Mullin was his asst. coach?  Not to wish bad things on Mullin but I would like to see some turmoil in the UF program.  https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

Zach Smith, Schiano....great staff you hired there, Urbs.  Hey, wasn't Urban and the media all over Vol fans for not wanting Schiano as head coach?  OSU doesn't want him as temp head coach either.

Apparently this is already getting spun. I love everyone in Social Media that reps for the Vols are completely destroying everyone that jumped on Tennessee about the whole Schiano issue. I totally agree where is the outrage when Ohio State did not place Schiano as head coach even though he was more qualified?

Urban Meyer Banned from Contacting Ohio State Players amid Investigation

Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer is not allowed to communicate with Buckeyes players or members of the team's coaching staff while on administrative leave during an investigation into the handling of 2015 domestic abuse allegations against former wide receivers coach Zach Smith.

On Thursday, Ohio State associate vice president for university communications Christopher Davey confirmed to Bill Landis of Cleveland.com that Meyer is also banned from campus and doesn't have access to any "university-issued communication devices," including his OSU email account.

Ben Kercheval of CBS Sports noted the Buckeyes coach originally denied knowledge of the allegations from three years ago against Smith at the Big Ten media days, saying, "I got a text last night that something happened in 2015, and there was nothing."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790270-urban-meyer-banned-from-contacting-ohio-state-players-amid-investigation?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

I'm reading some things about Jeremy Foley & Zach Smith and the 2009 "incident" that might not look good for Foley or UF.

So Urbie gets suspended for the first 3 games (Oregon State, Rutgers, TCU) without pay & can't interact with his team until Sept. 2.

Boy, that'll teach him.  :shakehead:

Surprised he got anything at all. You knew this would be a joke. Three games? TCU being the only real game. I like the have no contact rule. Who actually monitors that? Give me a break.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Think about this... what if Tennessee would have hired  Greg Schiano as head coach? After the Jerry Sandusky scandal

this Urban Meyer scandal breaks. His response to a question about Zach Smith is contradicted by a series of text messages revealed in August, and he has to retract his statement. Ohio State conducts an investigation and embarrasses itself by suspending him for only three games.

After all of that, the question would immediately shift to how much other people knew about the Smith incident. Near the top of the list would be Schiano, a guy who coached with Smith for two years as the Ohio State defensive coordinator.

strange tweet from the guy this is all about:

http

s://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith/status/1032815834832547843

It's not hard to believe that once the shit hit the fan OSU was more concerned about public image & maintaining status quo for the football team. But at the end of the day Smith is a wife-beater, Urbie's a not very convincing liar and OSU is reacting to the whole stinking mess about as expected so no good guys in this story.  Just assholes and at least one victim.

BTW, as a married guy myself, isn't Urbie's tale about Smith's wife telling the whole sordid story to his wife but his wife never saying a word about it to him laugh out loud ridiculous?

• Upvote 1