Will be our lucky (we hope!) day. We close Friday on our brand new house in Lexington which is just outside of Columbia. I also officially retire at the end of the week and become a man of leisure. The missus & I have been planning & preparing for this for several years but it always seemed like a long way off till it wasn't.

Just as an aside, I hadn't bought a house in 15 years and the process of getting a home loan post-recession has been an eye-opening experience to say the least. It was a breeze in 2003, more like a hurricane in 2018.  :mf_hide:

Enjoy your retirement GH6...I sold my business and retired in April, and I never looked back.   I hear people talking about retiring and getting bored..Not me

Me neither. 3 months tomorrow since moving day. After getting over the trauma of that and getting mostly settled I finally have had a chance to relax some and also go back to what I dreamed about doing all through my working years: Art. More specifically, oil painting.  I have an upstairs studio in our new house and am just finishing up painting #2.