Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobVOL

Board update

Hey guys, I'm gonna be upgrading the site to the latest software over the next coming weeks. It won't have the skin anymore until I get one built. So it may look funky.

There maybe periods of down time. We are losing some features like the arcade. No one plays anymore anyway. But we'll gain speed and some new features.

Will be done before football season.

If anything happens or we're down and you need us hit us up on the voltalk Facebook page.

Thanks

OK guys. The changes will start flowing through. By end of the day Monday things might get a little funky...

I will keep you up to date as I make changes.

Ok upgrade going through now

Hey Rob!

Is there gonna be a schedule on this thing? 

And, how do we know if we’re logged in or not?

Logged in is at the top right hand side. Schedule? What? You need an SDLC policy?

LOL

Man I must be blind because I do not see a “logged-in” status anywhere. Regarding the schedule, I should’ve been more clear. I was referring to a 2018 football schedule. Will there be a link of some sort taking us to the annual football schedule or will it be visible on the home page? 

nah you probably cannot see it because the logo is covering it up. The skin is being built for the site so people can actually see things It is a mess right now. I just threw some color up without any thought until we get the final stuff done :cool:

• Skin is being developed
  • Working on getting Pick ems redone so we have it coded and ready

Oh here is where it shows where you are logged in:

image.png

Also up there is your alerts and settings. Couple of cool things. You can fully copy and paste images without all that linking and coding. Also Alerts can come up in the browser even when you aren't on the site if you allow them so heads up on that.

As for the schedule. I can put it up but it will look fugly until I change the process block for how this version handles HTML. It is different so there is no block around it so ignore the ugliness until the final skin is completed.

up now on the main site board index :

image.png

Thanks Rob!

I opened the site on my iMac and found where I am logged in. It just doesn’t show on my iPhone. 

Thanks for the schedule! Well done my friend! 

Yeah I am working on it when I can for everyone. Job is keeping me busy, WE should have a NICE look once the new theme is built

The theme is about done. The look is one I think you all will like and the best look and feel we have ever had on the site. Should be here around 3 or 4 days

Here is an example of what the board will look like soon. This is a teaser....Some minor changes but you get the jest :cool:

image.png

Skin has been updated. What do you all think? I frigging love it !:cool:

Hope you see the update :egyptian:

I will get the twitter and Facebook integration fixed soon. There is a configuration issue I need to get re coded.

Hey one of the things I have noticed is you can get notifications a lot more kind of like a Facebook or Instagram account does. Some love it and some don't. If you want to configure this option go here:

https://voltalk.com/board/notifications/options/

You can manage it the way you want it