RockyTopTN

Vols sweep UK in Basketball

post-4911-0-21607700-1518016516.png

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Lamonte Turner has made a lot of big plays and clutch shots for Tennessee basketball this season.

But none was the bigger than the shot the sophomore guard stepped into with 25 seconds left at Kentucky on Tuesday night. With the shot clock winding down, Turner sized up the shot and confidently released a high, arcing 3-pointer over Kentucky's Quade Green.

It was good, and it propelled the Vols to their first regular-season sweep against Kentucky this millennium with a 61-59 win at Rupp Arena.

"As a kid, you dream of coming to Rupp Arena and winning games like this and hitting shots like that," Turner said. "It’s very big. It’s exactly what I dreamed of.â€

Impressive sweep. UK is a little down but still it is UK.

Nice win

:Kentucky Sucks:

Williams was often double teamed and "only" scored 10. But you can't key on one guy on this team and shut them down. Turner showed why.

Have the Vols ever won at Rupp? I thought I heard EA say that they hadn't on his show this morning.

Yeah, the last time was in 1999

Vols have now won 5 times at Rupp. Last time they swept the season series was 1999. Last time they won there was 2006.