Atomic City

�Recruiting Updates�

Well lookee here.

Tennessee is back in the picture for former Vol commitment Alontae Taylor. Taylor, a Coffee County senior, posted his top three college choices on Thursday evening hours after Tennessee formally announced the hiring of Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt as its next football coach. Taylor's top three included Georgia, Louisville and Tennessee. 

Taylor announced his decommitment from Tennessee on Nov. 12, the day Butch Jones was fired. 

From Georgia boy...https://www.dawgsports.com/2017/12/7/16750020/what-is-tennessee-getting-in-jeremy-pruitt

Recruits likely to reconsider Tennessee

OL Cade Mays

· Cade Mays is born and bred as a Tennessee Volunteer. He wants to go to Tennessee and the only thing that has been keeping him uncommitted is the Butch Jones circus

· He will be Pruitt’s first call. These two country boys will get along immediately and the addition of Will Friend as OL coach will help. Trey Smith + Cade Mays= a very good Tennessee OL in the next few years

WR Alontae Taylor

· I really like Pruitt’s pickup of Tyson Helton as new Tennessee OC and I think Taylor will as well

· Taylor would be a great playmaker to go along with Marquez Callaway

· Will be a huge battle between the new Tennessee staff and James Coley. I think Coley wins

CB Jaycee Horn

· Was committed to Tennessee and highly recruited by Pruitt at Alabama

· I imagine it will be a fight between Tennessee and South Carolina. Pruitt should reel him in

Recruits the Dawgs are now in a Better Spot for

OLB/DE Brenton Cox

· After decommitting from Ohio state earlier this week, Alabama was considered to be in the lead

· The departure of Pruitt should give the Dawgs a window and it could be a huge get

· Watch the visits

OLB Quay Walker

· Another impressive OLB who likely had Bama in the lead prior to Pruitt’s departure

· Bama and Auburn likely still in decent shape

OLB JJ Peterson

· Colquitt County product was very close with Pruitt and considered a near Bama lock

· Interesting to see if Peterson entertains Tennessee

· Keep an eye on his head coach Rush Propst. Could be a spot for him at Tennessee

Phillip Fulmer: “I hired Pruitt one day, and the next day we’ve got 6 coaches here, then the next day they’re on the road recruiting. I’ve passed my (NCAA recruiting) test and I’m ready to hit the road here a little bit. I’ve made a lot of phone calls.â€

Phillip Fulmer: “I hired Pruitt one day, and the next day we’ve got 6 coaches here, then the next day they’re on the road recruiting. I’ve passed my (NCAA recruiting) test and I’m ready to hit the road here a little bit. I’ve made a lot of phone calls.â€

How about your fat ass hits the road back to your AD office and quit meddling in the coach's job.

Well, that didn't take long.

:censored: :verypissed:

I have no issue with him recruiting if Pruitt wants the help. The one thing he could do well is recruiting and they kind of need the support right now with early signing period missing a few days because of the coaching hire

Sports sites have even picked up on it.  :shakehead:

This doesn't bode well for Pruitt.

By the looks of it, his athletic director will be hovering over his shoulder very often. And while Fulmer hasn't coached since 2008, it's not too hard to believe he might try to make his way back.

Phillip Fulmer's Latest Quote About Recruiting Isn't Good News for Jeremy Pruitt

LET THE MAN DO HIS JOB, PHIL!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Actually Pruitt is on board with his support. This is not meddling. Frankly outside sports articles have no clue what Phil and Jeremy have agreed to. This is one of those "Nothing to see here" issues