Pick Ems Week 3 has been added. Week 2 final updated

Make your picks by kickoff of the games.

Make your picks for Week 3

RobVol

Within 24-48 hours ....

Just now

Yep. Have had a text in to one of biggest boosters to verify legitimacy...might take a bit, be back asap.

'BIG Booster" text just in, said: "...we are all trying to leave Phillip alone...haven't spoken to him since Friday..."

Latest report is Pruitt is interviewing again this a.m. may know something later today

yes, it may be his to lose...i wonder if jimmy sexton's there? lol, he's pruitt's agent 

Honestly im not nearly concerned with the HC at this point I'm really more curious about the staff. YesHC need certain qualities and are important but I think the hires around him are the important part

Honestly im not nearly concerned with the HC at this point I'm really more curious about the staff. YesHC need certain qualities and are important but I think the hires around him are the important part

yep...I'd say Fulmer's talking to him about that

I have seen a couple people say there is a fourth "mystery" candidate. Anyone else hearing this?

Confirmed

I think they had a good idea what they wanted to do, then Pruitt nailed his interview and now they are seeing if he will be just as sharp today. I think if he is impressive today it's his.

Also Brohms buyout drops a million dollars today 😀

I think they had a good idea what they wanted to do, then Pruitt nailed his interview and now they are seeing if he will be just as sharp today. I think if he is impressive today it's his.

Also Brohms buyout drops a million dollars today

I talked to Landry, he said Brohm would be an fantastic hire. Think Peyton's a fan of Brohm, he's a tenacious Quarterback guy., they think differently (like Tee)...Just don't know if his offensive scheme fits fully into Fulmers beliefs...ya never know.

I mean, then Pruitt, Tucker etc comes in as an nations highest paid DC...it could be interesting

i asked Landry just a bit ago...he sent out this tweet:

Chris Landry†@LandryFootball
FollowFollow @LandryFootball
More

Unless things go sideways (and who could forsee that happening), I expect Tennessee to decide to hire ALABAMA DC Jeremy Pruitt...Pruitt wants $ commitments for support staff but he is excellent leader, coach & recruiter & I think Fulmer sees that....

7:41 AM - 6 Dec 2017

Not sure why people think Fulmer is some stick in the mud when it comes to offense. He tried bringing Dave Clawson in and no one would give him a chance to Tranisiton after one down year with Boyd coming in and people seem to forget he WAS THE OFFENSIVE Coordinator before he was a coach at Tennessee. You know like during the pass happy period with Kelly, Pickens, Morgan, Harper and those backs like Stewart, Hayden and Thompson....

I think he can adapt if he needs to. The thing is like Robvol said offenses and what is hot run in cycles. All the defense have moved to stop read zone option spread types. Now that almost everyone is gearing to stop that, this might be a good time to switch back to Pro Set Two TEs type of offense with strong QB presence and running game with a very strong defense. 

Not sure why people think Fulmer is some stick in the mud when it comes to offense. He tried bringing Dave Clawson in and no one would give him a chance to Tranisiton after one down year with Boyd coming in and people seem to forget he WAS THE OFFENSIVE Coordinator before he was a coach at Tennessee. You know like during the pass happy period with Kelly, Pickens, Morgan, Harper and those backs like Stewart, Hayden and Thompson....

I think he can adapt if he needs to. The thing is like Robvol said offenses and what is hot run in cycles. All the defense have moved to stop read zone option spread types. Now that almost everyone is gearing to stop that, this might be a good time to switch back to Pro Set Two TEs type of offense with strong QB presence and running game with a very strong defense. 

Right...for what it's worth, respect him or not...that's exactly what Coach Doug Mathews ...You may not know Doug's background - assistant coach and shared office with Fulmer for 10 years. Fulmer and he have a Saturday radio show called "coach to coach". Bottom line - He knows Fulmer as a friend and colleague.

Doug Matthews said on his radio show that in a conversation with Phillip Fulmer (obviously prior to be named AD), Fulmer pointed out that six (maybe seven) of Tennessee's eight SEC losses came at the hands of defensive head coaches (physically aggressive). He expects Fulmer will take a hard look at coaches who have experience on that side of the ball. 

He expects that any coach who will be considered will:

1. Be willing to line up under center

2. Have a lead blocking fullback package

3. The ability to run the football with two tight ends. 

According to Matthews Fulmer also knows that at Tennessee, a recruiting head coach is a must. 

Matthews also says that Fulmer understands the importance of strength and conditioning. John Stuckey was his first hire as football coach and the one who built the foundation of those championship teams. Fulmer talks about him more than any other staff member.

Fulmer is sneakier than people give him credit for. Just sayin

VERY .. He is like an Ole Sly coonhound..... We all think we know and then BAM! 

:nono: You DONT KNOW!   :fairedesgrimaces:

Who ever Coach Fulmer had in that position between the '97 and '98 seasons is who we need to be calling. I hope he's well and available.

Yeah, John Stucky was the man, Fulmer said it was his greatest hire of all time...he's since passed...there was another guy involved, and he may still be around, can't recall.

I hate to hear that. 

Maybe it was Johnny Long, he was with Fulmer for years...he trains my buddies kid athletes, said he's amazing...just sold H3 sports training facility

He's at Carson Newman now

http://archive.knoxnews.com/sports/local/former-ut-strength-coach-johnny-long-joins-carson-newman-398fb5a4-cb4e-7a60-e053-0100007fc733-389500541.html/

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/johnny-long-takes-over-strength-program-

Yeah I mentioned him a few days back as a name I had heard coming back but that was pre Fulmer

Pruitt may be able to pull Scott Cochran http://www.rolltide.com/coaches.aspx?rc=691from Bama for $$$...or if Austin Thomas leaves his LSU GM position to "come home", he may have a way to pull Tommy Moffit (he's an Tennesse boy) http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=173999 from LSU...they are considered the gold standards...big $, will  Fulmer do it?

Long shots...but possible

Yeah I mentioned him a few days back as a name I had heard coming back but that was pre Fulmer

Pruitt may be able to pull Scott Cochran http://www.rolltide.com/coaches.aspx?rc=691from Bama for $$$...or if Austin Thomas leaves his LSU GM position to "come home", he may have a way to pull Tommy Moffit (he's an Tennesse boy) http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=173999 from LSU...they are considered the gold standards...big $, will Fulmer do it?

Long shots...but possible

Wilson Love is the guy that was under Cochran that went to FAU with Kiffin I think would be more realistic