Atomic City

As of 12-3-17 here is my guess *EDIT*

Les Miles with Tee coach in waiting. Like associate head coach.

This is looking more possible.....i'm actually liking this. With the stipulation tee is freely calling the offense. Phil knows Les and his weaknesses and from what I'm hearing its been made clear to him as a stipulation, no power struggles between tee and him.

Tees on board with this..

Also I would not mind Randy Sanders being here in some capacity for Tee to bounce questions off of either. I know he was not wildly successful but he has the ability to help teach and brings a sense of familiarity to Tee

Savage other than Saban and Meyer name someone with a better resume

For our needs?

Mike Leach wins at places no one else can win.

Patterson wins at a place no one else ever has.

Scott Frost took a terrible team and they are now 12-0

Les Miles won a NC with a Nick Saban team. He was a 9 - 10 win coach after that. Did I mention that Saban has OWNED him the past few years?

Les is not a rebuilder. I'll repeat it. Terrible clock management. Can't develop a QB if you gave him Tom Brady. 64 years old.

He is just like Fulmer and Butch. Too stubborn to change ANYTHING about his offense.

Frost coaches at Nebraska. Mike Leach wins in no defense conferences. Patterson other than a nice win/loss record has never won anything but a couple bowl games. Matter of fact Washington won a National Title a few years before we did and has had plenty of win/loss success before Peterson. Les Miles has beat Saban at least 3 times, how many people can say that? He has already admitted he would change up his offensive philosophy if/when he gets another job. Good lord, clock management lol 

Here is a link to Boise State Coaching records. Looks like plenty of people have won there also 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boise_State_Broncos_football

Patterson...not Peterson.

No one has answered my question about Fulmer and Miles.

No one, and I mean no one, has offered them coaching jobs since they were fired.

NONE! ZERO ! ZILCH!

Why?

For our needs?

Les Miles won a NC with a Nick Saban team. He was a 9 - 10 win coach after that. Did I mention that Saban has OWNED him the past few years?

Les is not a rebuilder. I'll repeat it. Terrible clock management. Can't develop a QB if you gave him Tom Brady. 64 years old.

He is just like Fulmer and Butch. Too stubborn to change ANYTHING about his offense.

Frost coaches at Nebraska. Mike Leach wins in no defense conferences. Patterson other than a nice win/loss record has never won anything but a couple bowl games. Matter of fact Washington won a National Title a few years before we did and has had plenty of win/loss success before Peterson. Les Miles has beat Saban at least 3 times, how many people can say that? He has already admitted he would change up his offensive philosophy if/when he gets another job. Good lord, clock management lol 

Here is a link to Boise State Coaching records. Looks like plenty of people have won there also 

No one, and I mean no one, has offered them coaching jobs since they were fired.

NONE! ZERO ! ZILCH!

Why?

Patterson can't even win his own conference. Hell even Butch almost beat Oklahoma lol. Maybe they were being picky, maybe they were not. Why would you just take a job to take a job. Hell Fulmer has had his sights on AD for a long time

Not to mention Patterson already turned us down and signed an extension so once again i ask you out of all the AVAILABLE options who has a better resume?

For our needs?

NONE! ZERO ! ZILCH!

Why?

Patterson can't even win his own conference. Hell even Butch almost beat Oklahoma lol. Maybe they were being picky, maybe they were not. Why would you just take a job to take a job. Hell Fulmer has had his sights on AD for a long time

Exactly! ...and our admins were damned stupid enough to hand it to him.

Not to mention Patterson already turned us down and signed an extension so once again i ask you out of all the AVAILABLE options who has a better resume?

There are 124 FCS programs. Out of all those coaches and all of those coordinators.

Les Miles is the best we can come up with?

:laughing1:  :laughing1:  :laughing1:

We might as well kill the football program and become a powerhouse in Tiddly Winks.

Now, no one ever offered Phil or Les a job?

WHY?????

There are 124 FCS programs. Out of all those coaches and all of those coordinators.

:laughing1: :laughing1: :laughing1:

We might as well kill the football program and become a powerhouse in Tiddly Winks.

WHY?????

That is your comeback lol. Your dream coach can't win his conference

Exactly! ...and our admins were damned stupid enough to hand it to him.

He spends 8 years pointing fingers at everyone other than himself for Tennessee's downfall. Then marches his ass in and they hand him the AD job.

As I drove home Friday morning from N.C. State's drubbing of Cincinnati, every college football radio show that I tuned into -- from ESPN to Sirius XM to local AM sports talk -- spent a considerable amount of time discussing the downfall of Tennessee football over the past three years.

Much of that conversation was spurred by the words of former Volunteer head coach Phillip Fulmer, who last week rolled out his annual "Tennessee wasn't bad until after I was fired" routine for anyone that would listen.

It began with some shots on last Monday's CBS Sports media teleconference and ended with calling out Lane Kiffin at the half of the Tennessee-Florida game.

Fulmer's lingering bitterness is totally understandable. However, he continues to try to dump all the blame for the Volunteers' current woes on Kiffin and athletic director Mike Hamilton, the man who fired him (and who happens to be having one of the worst years ever). At best, it's revisionist history. At worst, it's purposely disruptive.

Some say Fulmer is making a play to replace Hamilton as AD, following the same path as his former coach and eventual boss, Doug Dickey. Those rumors have gained steam as Fulmer has been very careful amid his Kiffin rants to compliment current head coach Derek Dooley.

But the decline of this once-proud program didn't start with Kiffin. It began six years ago.

I'm not saying that Fulmer is a bad man or a bad football coach. He's not. But I am saying that he has to stop telling us all how nice the emperor's clothes look and finally accept his share of the blame for the current state of his alma mater's football program.

McGee: Phil Fulmer continues to lay the blame for Tennessee's struggles on everyone but himself - ESPN

Leach would fail miserably here. He couldn't win with Tim Couch in the SEC.

At Kentucky...but broke more offensive records than you can count....

Might want to check your facts.

WHY?????

Still waiting. You seem to be at a loss for an answer.

No one ever offered Phil or Les a job after they were fired?

WHY?????

Savage...Les Miles explains why a bit here, he’s understood where he needed to change and improve, he interviewed poorly with mild enthusiasm ... and he’s realized he wants to make a run for a national championship and those programs have not been readily available until this year.

Read comments at end of article...overall positive, but who knows their credentials with respect to coaching evaluations (behind the scene-insiders) on Teir 1 level football.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/hire-les-miles-eager-coach-will-sec-school-call-202519077.html

• Upvote 1

WHY?????

WHY?????

I already answered you. You act like Miles has been out of a job for a decade. He got a nice buyout and can afford to be picky. Maybe he just wanted to take a year off. The only two jobs open last year were his former job and Texas which they were both going after the same guy. 

• Upvote 1

WHY?????

WHY?????

I already answered you. You act like Miles has been out of a job for a decade. He got a nice buyout and can afford to be picky. Maybe he just wanted to take a year off. The only two jobs open last year were his former job and Texas which they were both going after the same guy. 

That buyout REQUIRES him to seek employment.

Now, he is such a great coach...that NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIS ASS!

WHY?????

WHY?????

That buyout REQUIRES him to seek employment.

Now, he is such a great coach...that NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIS ASS!

I am done, you have used the same bullshit this whole post. You want whatever coach nobody else on here likes so you can bitch and moan. 

For what it’s worth...I got notified from direct :

“Fulmer talked to Miles last night and Tee about OC

We’ll seeâ€

Yes that is true. 

Nothing wrong with motos facts. Kentucky with all those records never won anything significant. That's the same crap issue leach would run into.

As for why Fulmer never was offered and btw he was but not officially, we've been down this road before. I'm not beating this dead horse AGAIN.

I've told you why before. You didn't agree then and won't now. As for Les, I have no clue. My thoughts are this.

What's attainable now since early recruiting has some left?

With all that's gone on if we can get a former National title coach and former National title player to come here after this tragedy, I'm good with it. I'm not questioning it. Obviously, you still have some internal issues with Fulmer. That's on you. I'm fine with a Les, Tee, Steele or chavis type staff with some former Vols in assistant roles.

Any scenario is better than this garbage we've seen the past 10 years.

Nothing wrong with motos facts. Kentucky with all those records never won anything significant. That's the same crap issue leach would run into.

As for why Fulmer never was offered and btw he was but not officially, we've been down this road before. I'm not beating this dead horse AGAIN.

I've told you why before. You didn't agree then and won't now. As for Les, I have no clue. My thoughts are this.

What's attainable now since early recruiting has some left?

With all that's gone on if we he a former National title coach and former National title player to come here after this tragedy, I'm good with it. I'm not questioning it. Obviously, you still have some internal issues with Fulmer. That's on you. I'm fine with a Les, Tee, Steele or chavis type staff with some former Vols in assistant roles.

Any scenario is better than this garbage we've seen the past 10 years.

Exactly. It's the same ole BS.