TecVol

Fulmer is our new AD

Hall of Fame coach Phillip Fulmer to serve as Tennessee athletic director

Chris Lowe

Former Tennessee Hall of Fame football coach Phillip Fulmer will take over athletic director responsibilities at the school, sources told ESPN.

Sources said Fulmer will be introduced at a news conference Friday. It is still being finalized whether Fulmer will take on the athletic director role on an interim basis through the remainder of the school's search for a new football or be named the permanent AD.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21632153/tennessee-volunteers-turn-phillip-fulmer-serve-athletic-director

that's correct, not an interim, the AD... per my 'wink wink' source at 11:54 am EST

think about it, if you name him an interim, and hire a head coach they'll be wondering who their next boss will be...makes zero logically since, even for this administration.

although, if he's named interim, maybe they name hoke interim...and take their time to reset for 2019...which seems a stretch.

"There's guys out there that might be interested now that weren't interested before".  In other words, nobody wanted to work for the last bozo.

They could've named Pee Wee Herman as our new AD and I would've been fine with it. However, I LOVE the fact that CPF has taken the position, because if nothing else, the toothless neanderthals in Tuscaloosa cant stand him!  :Tennrules:

Well the missus & I were in Columbia yesterday afternoon watching the hometown high school team play for a state championship (alas, we lost by a touchdown) when she got the news about Fulmer on her phone. All I could say was thank god. Still, I'll reserve judgement on whether or not this is a true blessing at least until the coaching search situation is resolved. Hopefully he'll bring some stability and sense to an administration badly in need of both.

Morning gh6.

Man you're an early riser:-)..

Yep he at least stabilizes things. That's needed right now.

I’ve been reading so many posts that I’ve not taken time to post myself. This is the best news I’ve had UT wise in nine years. Coach Fulmer is a true orange bleeding patriot of this university, and if he screws up, it’ll be an honest to God mistake on his part. I know he’ll do the right thing for this school and program, or he won’t do it at all.

Here’s to peace on earth ... at least on Rocky Top!

I’ve been reading so many posts that I’ve not taken time to post myself. This is the best news I’ve had UT wise in nine years. Coach Fulmer is a true orange bleeding patriot of this university, and if he screws up, it’ll be an honest to God mistake on his part. I know he’ll do the right thing for this school and program, or he won’t do it at all.

Here’s to peace on earth ... at least on Rocky Top!

Totally agree!